Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Race Talk > General Racing Discussion
To Mike A. and Lee M. Chick's Beach Offshore will pay for the santioning fee! >

To Mike A. and Lee M. Chick's Beach Offshore will pay for the santioning fee!

Notices

To Mike A. and Lee M. Chick's Beach Offshore will pay for the santioning fee!

Old 09-16-2003, 07:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry To Mike A. and Lee M. Chick's Beach Offshore will pay for the santioning fee!

I don't care of each of your business in this problem...sometimes decisions are made without knowing the outcome..now that you see that the racers, the sport, sponsors,fans and most importantly the familes are all being hurt by this....and I will pay the santioning fee...reconsider for one race what was told to us " the remainning races are all a go" said months ago. We the racers don't know the whole story and don't care. Other than the race to be held in Key West and the rules to be run by the APBA. If that was the agreement. We all know there is no signed commitment for Orange Beach....and for sum unknow reason there is ...we know it can be broke because for example this one was. So far one said the rules where going to changed and the other said its the santioning fee. Well look at it from our veiw....we are not goint to except that as a reason for moving a race when it was just solved.
If this dose nothing....before making it offical to move to Orange Beach....Mike A. I notice on the APBA web site you called APBA Detroit to responed on a post on the web site for the racers to see what you were fighting for.
So Mike A. and Lee M. don't you both think you owe it to the racers to state your reasons for this conflict so we the racers can see who really has the best intrest of the racers in mind.....I don't think thats alot to ask for.

So.....ask yourself have we not earned that much......
So
Old 09-16-2003, 07:50 PM
Registered

I would take that offer very, very seriously.
Old 09-16-2003, 07:50 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 76 Posts

I still want to race in KW also for the worlds. Mike A. make it happen!!!! How about asking the racers what we want and maybe what we can provide.
MD
Old 09-16-2003, 08:00 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

One thing to think about is that in the Key West News thread Dredge has spoken to Lee and Lee claims to have paid the sanctioning fee. Who is telling us the truth? Mike A or Lee M?
And to add Gino you are a stand up racer as well as a stand up person for your offer.
Old 09-16-2003, 09:11 PM
Registered

Great plan and post from APBA on what must be a very difficult situtation. I am sure not every one understands the problems with power boat race promoters, but they are all affected by their actions. I am sure APBA will react in a positive manner to make sure this will not happen again ever. Go Orange Beach, Al. and the 2004 Season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!
Old 09-17-2003, 04:24 AM
Registered

Trent: I guess we'll never know and we shouldn't care.

If we buy a car, we want wheels on it. We don't want to hear stories about suppliers not having been paid.

It is very bad business to involve your customers in your internal problems. They will get disgusted and will go elsewhere.

Gino offered to take care of the sanctioning fee. If they take him up on the offer, the problem will go away. If they don't take him up on the offer, then the sanctioning fee is a red herring.

I think the racers are getting sick and tired of being used as pawns in 2bit infights.
Old 09-17-2003, 01:24 PM
Registered

Well no response yet from Mike or Lee..but I did get a phone call from Mark this morning......he's done...he's over the bull sh#t. He's going to finish the rest of this year, since like some people we made an obligation to are sponsors so we are going to honor what we said we do. Mark said he's going back to motorcross.

I WAS'NT GOING TO SAY NOTHING BUT I'M AM SO OVER THIS. I HAVE ONE QUESTION....IN SARASOTA I HEARD FROM SOMEONE I TRUST, THAT MIKE A. WAS LOOKING TO MOVE THE RACE FROM THE KEYS AND TRYING TO FIND SOMEWHERE ELSE BECAUSE OF A PROBLEM BETWEEN HIM AND LEE. I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHY IF THERE WAS ANY DOUBT FOR THE KEYS IT WAS NOT BROUGHT UP IN THE DRIVERS MEETING IN SARASOTA TO HOLD UP ON MAKING RESERVATIONS......INSTEAD TO SAVE FACE NOTHING WAS SAID AND TEAMS OVER THE LAST MONTH MAKING RESERVATIONS ARE GETTING SCREWED.
Mike, you may not think this but alot of people know of you and Lee's problems and I like to know who's telling the truth, the people I talk to in Sarasota that said you where trying to move the race from the Keys or you...becasue there statement was right on.
And if you knew this was going to happen and did'nt give the racers a heads up...your now screwing with our lives and money and I take that personnally.
If you do not want to responed on this post....than you have my phone number......I take this sport as a business and not just for fun, so I would like to know since I invested my money into your business who's at fault. Because someone screwed with my money and now my word means nothing because I said we were racing in the Keys make your reservations and I have a serious problem with that!
Don't worrie Mike, I'm going to give them the money they are now going to loose.
NO PROBLEM!!!!!!!
BUT REMEMBER I DID'NT PLAN THE YEARS SCHEDULE BY LEE M. I PLANNED IT BY WHAT YOU SAID WAS DONE. AND IF YOU DID NOT HAVE A CONTRACT SIGNED AND EVERYTHING DONE.....TAKE ALITTLE ADVISE... DON'T TELL US HOW GREAT THE WORLDS ARE GOING TO BE IN THE KEYS WHEN YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW.....IT JUST GOOD BUSINESS!

Last edited by MANITIE; 09-17-2003 at 03:27 PM.
Old 09-17-2003, 01:37 PM
BDFREE

MANITIE
JUST KEEP RACING GREAT LAKES ITS ALWAYS FUN!

Old 09-17-2003, 01:44 PM
Registered

BDFREE,

I'm not giving up racing, I work to hard to get sponsors and have build a great relationship with them, I just have to use better judgement where I race...and yes I don't know in what boat but I will be racing in the Great Lakes next year. Thats a no brainer.
Old 09-17-2003, 01:53 PM
Registered

No response from either side. Racer's Milling Area officially declares the wayward sanctioning fee a red herring.

Quick Reply: To Mike A. and Lee M. Chick's Beach Offshore will pay for the santioning fee!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.