36 Skater Trailer >

36 Skater Trailer

Notices

36 Skater Trailer

Old 10-25-2007, 01:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 36 Skater Trailer

New to me 36 Skater with Skater Trailer. The way the bunks are set up it makes it difficult to get the boat on those bunks when it is windy. I have ordered what I call tunnel Guides through LCM. I guessing from what I have seen that there is one towards the front and one towards the back of the Hull and they set about an inch or two short of the hull actually resting on them. Do they help??? Any other suggestions?
Old 10-25-2007, 01:52 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've seen them before ,looks like they worked great ,wished we had them on ours instead of the kidz falling off the front of the trailer in the water .
Old 10-25-2007, 07:30 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

upright post in the back made of pvc mounted on springs so they will bounce when you hit them coming in to them only need somthing on the back the rear goes down in the water so there is no guide so the post keeps the boat centered as you go on and holds it as you pull out
Old 10-26-2007, 08:13 AM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts
Default Trailer

use the guides. When I received my boat from the factory we were concerned about the measurements. So after the boat was received we made wood templates and later welded the aluminum guides. The boats fits this trailer to a T and the guides work extremely well. These are plastic and the boat slides against the plastic with care.
Attached Thumbnails 36 Skater Trailer-skater-tunnel-guides.jpg  
Old 10-26-2007, 03:18 PM
Registered

Default Skater trailer

Pro 1. This is what i have ordered from Skater. Do you have one in the front of the trailer as well? or just one in the back?
I would assume that the hull doesn't sit on these at all. Are they a couple inches short of the tunnel? Thanks
Old 10-26-2007, 03:58 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by bripar77
Pro 1. This is what i have ordered from Skater. Do you have one in the front of the trailer as well? or just one in the back?
I would assume that the hull doesn't sit on these at all. Are they a couple inches short of the tunnel? Thanks
You should have just called Skater instead of LCM and this would have been a lot easier for you.

There is one in the front and one in the rear.

I will dig up a photo and you will see how they go. You will need to weld/bolt the guards onto the trailer. These are essentially guards to keep the sponsons on the bunks when retrieving rather than to rest upon.

Last edited by Rik; 10-26-2007 at 04:01 PM.
Old 10-26-2007, 04:07 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Here is a shot of one with three guards on a trailer
Attached Thumbnails 36 Skater Trailer-trailer.jpg  
Old 10-27-2007, 05:38 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

the problem with those is when the trailer is in the water the rear guide is under the water and too deep to help guide the rear of the boat untill you start to pull out thats why the tall guide post i talked about extend out of the water high enough when the trailer is backed in the water to guide the rear of the boat before you pull it out
Old 10-28-2007, 01:23 AM
Registered

Default Skater Trailer

Thanks Rik for the picture. I went through LCM because Randy owed me some stuff, so we are swapping. I only ordered 2, but after looking at your pictures and seeing some of the other comments maybe I should call back and order a third one. Looks like by having one in the middle of the trailer might help hold the back from drifting due to the back one being underwater to much. What are your thoughts? I'm only making a big deal about this because some times it is my wife and I Loading alone and when it's windy it can take a while to get it on the trailer.
Old 10-28-2007, 12:04 PM
Registered

I wouldnt worry about the one on the back. It has to be way under the water when your pulling onto the trailer. The one in the middle seems to be the most important one.

It was always a problem with my skater. Never thought of doing anything like this to make it easier.

Quick Reply: 36 Skater Trailer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.