2006 Skater Fuel tank Gasket >

2006 Skater Fuel tank Gasket

Notices

2006 Skater Fuel tank Gasket

Old 10-15-2008, 02:04 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2006 Skater Fuel tank Gasket

FYI my 2006 36 Skater Fuel Tank Inspection Plate Gaskets disengraded and plugged filters and Pick Up tube. Skater sent me new (free) Ethonal Proof Gaskets.

I am in California and I guess our gas has 5.5 % Ethonal in it and these have apparently eaten away the gaskets. First time I noticed the problem was in the Ocean when one motor wouldn't run except at Idle (after a 50 mile run). Filters had a clear palstic wrap type material in both starboard and port motor filters. We didn't know it then but this was some plastic wrap material that was part of these gaskets. Next time out (at SCOPE Long Beach) same thing happened after 3 or 4 30 minutes runs one motor wouldn't run. Took filter apart and this time Black rubber chunks (looked like weatherstripping material) in filter and pick up tube in tank. Cleaned it and got 7 miles into Poker Run and again motor won't run. We got both inspections plates off and replaced with new gaskets (and hopefully got most of the stuff out of the tanks). Turns out both tanks gaskets where disengrated. I run a 1/4 mixture of racing fuel to 3/4 91 Octane. Don't know why after 3 or 4 weekends running this all of a sudden happens. Skater says that boats built after 2004/2005 have had the tank liners ethonal proof but they didn't realize the gaskets where not ethonal proof. Good thing I was in the Ocean both times and was not running over 5000 RPM. Just for your info.
Old 10-15-2008, 06:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bripar77
FYI my 2006 36 Skater Fuel Tank Inspection Plate Gaskets disengraded and plugged filters and Pick Up tube. Skater sent me new (free) Ethonal Proof Gaskets.

I am in California and I guess our gas has 5.5 % Ethonal in it and these have apparently eaten away the gaskets. First time I noticed the problem was in the Ocean when one motor wouldn't run except at Idle (after a 50 mile run). Filters had a clear palstic wrap type material in both starboard and port motor filters. We didn't know it then but this was some plastic wrap material that was part of these gaskets. Next time out (at SCOPE Long Beach) same thing happened after 3 or 4 30 minutes runs one motor wouldn't run. Took filter apart and this time Black rubber chunks (looked like weatherstripping material) in filter and pick up tube in tank. Cleaned it and got 7 miles into Poker Run and again motor won't run. We got both inspections plates off and replaced with new gaskets (and hopefully got most of the stuff out of the tanks). Turns out both tanks gaskets where disengrated. I run a 1/4 mixture of racing fuel to 3/4 91 Octane. Don't know why after 3 or 4 weekends running this all of a sudden happens. Skater says that boats built after 2004/2005 have had the tank liners ethonal proof but they didn't realize the gaskets where not ethonal proof. Good thing I was in the Ocean both times and was not running over 5000 RPM. Just for your info.
I think you and I have gone through the ringer with these f*cking boats.....
Old 10-15-2008, 06:54 PM
Registered

Default Gaskets

40flatdeck did you have the same thing happen? i sent this not to bag on Skater at all, hopefully to help somebody prevent a problem before it happens. You are right ________ damn boats. Makes it hard to test or to get seat time when all this crap happens. I'm am going out to Lake Mead this weekend and hopefully all runs good, but just in case I will bring my ski boat also. If the Skater breaks I will just go skiing instead.
Old 10-15-2008, 07:03 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 40FlatDeck
I think you and I have gone through the ringer with these f*cking boats.....
these f*cking boats
Count me in
Old 10-16-2008, 11:13 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing158
these f*cking boats
Count me in
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my Skater....

Just alot of work sometimes.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:17 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bripar77
40flatdeck did you have the same thing happen? i sent this not to bag on Skater at all, hopefully to help somebody prevent a problem before it happens. You are right ________ damn boats. Makes it hard to test or to get seat time when all this crap happens. I'm am going out to Lake Mead this weekend and hopefully all runs good, but just in case I will bring my ski boat also. If the Skater breaks I will just go skiing instead.
No, I actually just had new gas tank plates made. Mine were so ruined they could not be saved. The gaskets were ok though. I run 100% Av gas with some Marvel.
Old 10-16-2008, 11:28 AM
Banned

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my Skater....

Just alot of work sometimes.
Just alot of work sometimes HeHe
U say SOMETIMES.... BIG Daddy ????LoL
I'm with ya I LOVE my Skater....
Attached Thumbnails 2006 Skater Fuel tank Gasket-skater-drive-001.jpg   2006 Skater Fuel tank Gasket-skater-drive-002.jpg   2006 Skater Fuel tank Gasket-skater-drive-006.jpg  

Old 10-16-2008, 07:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing158
Just alot of work sometimes HeHe
U say SOMETIMES.... BIG Daddy ????LoL
I'm with ya I LOVE my Skater....
To much boost Big Daddy!!!!
Old 10-18-2008, 07:45 AM
Banned