Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Skater
32' new body skaters, Non #6 boats >

32' new body skaters, Non #6 boats

Notices

32' new body skaters, Non #6 boats

Old 01-29-2009, 08:18 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What are the differences between the "A" and "B" hull??? I love my "A" but am interested in knowing.

The 32's haul ass. But they have to have the power to make them run right.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:21 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by apppedigree
What are the differences between the "A" and "B" hull??? I love my "A" but am interested in knowing.

The 32's haul ass. But they have to have the power to make them run right.
THat's what I am trying to learn also, but I am hearing that the A's need to have a lot of extra power. I am also hearing that it is hard to sell the A's these days.

From the boat's I am seeing, I can't afford one anyway, but you never know when things will change.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:27 PM
Registered

just look at them. i don't know all the dementions but the "classic 32" is more of a streched 28. the 32 B model is more like a 36 cut down. thats kinda why the classic A is alot more flighty and the B is a monster in the rough.
Old 01-29-2009, 08:29 PM
Registered

The guy that I bought mine from said that the motors were wore out when he got it. They dicked with it for 2 years trying to make it run.

Eventually decided to repower with 1000hp per side and the boat came to life. I have seen 160mph with mine on the GPS, but it was not a "safe feeling", especially with no windshield. They absolutely hate positive trim. But I love the boat.
Old 01-30-2009, 12:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by apppedigree
+1 would be nice for someone to explain the real differences and how to tell them apart when looking at them. ( maybe attatch pictures )

thanks
Old 01-30-2009, 01:10 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Originally Posted by jeff1000man
Have you ever tried to buy anything from those guys? Not much fun.

My problem is that I spent quite a few years in the car business and was very succesfull. I just get tired of hearing the same BS that I used to throw out. I'd rather just talk to the owners. They will tell you what they want and then you are done.
Now thats funny, but true!

If you are serious about finding a Skater, call Bruce Bullock, he is he best for Skater and he does not do any BS.
Old 01-30-2009, 01:14 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by skaterdave
just look at them. i don't know all the dementions but the "classic 32" is more of a streched 28. the 32 B model is more like a 36 cut down. thats kinda why the classic A is alot more flighty and the B is a monster in the rough.
Actually, the 32 "A" was made way before the 28' was made. Pete jumped from the 24' to the 32' then to the 40' and then the 28' was made.

The 32 "A" was designed as an outboard boat and the 32 "B" was designed as an inboard boat. More beam and sponson width on the 32 "B".
Old 01-30-2009, 01:15 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by AppSysCons
Now thats funny, but true!

If you are serious about finding a Skater, call Bruce Bullock, he is he best for Skater and he does not do any BS.
I had a couple emails with him and he seems pretty straight, I have talked to a couple other guys who know things also and these things are just out of my price comfort zone right now with insurance etc.

I can afford the boat, but that is only half the cost.

I am going to sick with the classics this season unless something spectacular turns up.
Old 02-01-2009, 04:17 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 21 Posts

The Doug Wright is much smaller then a 32B. The DW is much closer to the 32A.
Old 02-01-2009, 06:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Pro1
The Doug Wright is much smaller then a 32B. The DW is much closer to the 32A.

i have a dw and have owned a 32 b skater. the dw is just as good if not a little bit better around

Quick Reply: 32' new body skaters, Non #6 boats

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.