Skater 488 Vhull spied in production

Notices

Skater 488 Vhull spied in production

Old 11-25-2009, 02:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by ktron
Wow, why you throwing Cigarette under the bus like that?! The Cig Kilo boat was a SICK boat and put up some VERY fast numbers. All three manufacturers (Fountain, OL & Cig) had great boats that put up huge numbers but a statement like that is funny to say the least.
I love cigs but it was a bust they were going for a new kilo record and did not come close. OL broke the record and might again. I was hoping CIG would do it got , but it didn't. he is not throwing them under the bus, he has owned a 36 glad cig. he is just saying OL did not splash a 399. I have been there a few times a year never saw a 399 anywhere. I hope this new skater kicks azz and seems to have its own look like the 399 does maybe skater will go for the record that would be cool. happy bird day guys
Old 11-25-2009, 03:05 PM
Registered

Received 68 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
I love cigs but it was a bust they were going for a new kilo record and did not come close. OL broke the record and might again. I was hoping CIG would do it got , but it didn't. he is not throwing them under the bus, he has owned a 36 glad cig. he is just saying OL did not splash a 399. I have been there a few times a year never saw a 399 anywhere. I hope this new skater kicks azz and seems to have its own look like the 399 does maybe skater will go for the record that would be cool. happy bird day guys
Cig actually did came close and had plenty of power to do so but did not make it due to the problem with re-entering the water @ over 170. At those speeds there was no more hull left in the water, just the lower 30% or so of the Props and the skegs.

I did not say anything about OL splashing a hull as a copy I was just responding to the comment about the Cig P1 and Kilo boats.

I was aware that they owned a Glad, that was originally sold by Philly and had the name "Keyed UP" on the sides. Nice boat!

The new 488 Skater looks really nice! I love the lines and hope the windshield they put on it is not too tall. I am sure it will rock as well.
Old 11-25-2009, 03:26 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
OL broke the record in Triple X at 161...i think that is what you are referring too. The cig kilo boat went faster than that.

He might be saying OL didnt splash a skater, but Skater seems to think so.
Old 11-25-2009, 04:27 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

I refered to the KILO boat because Skater built the boat not Cigarette and this new skater seems to be using the same hull design. Ask Bud at Cigarette and he will tell you in the now pleasure version it runs squirly over 125mph with 1075's which is basically this new Skater. This is not the case in the larger Outerlimits which this boat will try to compete with. You can also look at the P1 results over in Europe in which this basically same boat ran, and see the outcome. Also Cigarette's attempt was a while after the whole OL vs Fountain thing. Wouldnt you think in that time span Outerlimits has made improvments and can run those speeds if they wanted to?? I do! I have nothing against Cigarette by they build a very very nice boat. But back on topic this should be a very nice boat when finished!! Hope everyone has a nice Thanksgiving!

Last edited by OL40SVX; 11-25-2009 at 04:37 PM.
Old 11-25-2009, 08:41 PM
Registered

I'm 99 % sure I read that on Skater website , the bottom of a certain OL is a copy , again the bottom has like 10 steps . I just checked Skater site and it says that the 399 was copied by OL and they slightly changed it probably to avoid lawsuit . Mike fiore = Imitator , Peter = Innovator , any arguments ??

Last edited by activatorf1; 11-25-2009 at 08:46 PM.
Old 11-25-2009, 09:22 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,070 Likes on 283 Posts

The facts are on Skaters website. Low blows arent the way to get it done, you know that.
Old 11-25-2009, 10:15 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It isn't a secret that Mike Fiore corresponded a LOT with Peter on the construction of OL's boats. Not only on the development of the cat, but their vee's as well.

I have pictures at my office of Mike AT the Skater factory leaning on a 368, talking shop with Peter. I've also been at the Skater factory when Pete was paged by the receptionist that Mike is on the horn.

I also don't think Pete is trying to say that OL splashed his hull, but again, that Skater had a considerable part in the progression of their boats.

The Cigarette kilo boat was bad ass. No, they didn't break the record, but they gave it a great shot, which no one else is trying. OL never "officially" broke the record either if anyone remembers. They had a GPS pic, not that a GPS picture isn't good enough for me. It's not official though.

Last edited by BLee; 12-17-2009 at 04:33 PM.
Old 11-26-2009, 08:22 AM
Registered

Received 68 Likes on 26 Posts

The Kilo boat's bottom was molded then modified for the run. I have been in a 46 RR at 119mph and it was VERY stable so I am sure the standard 46 is a very capable hull and the Skater will be as well. Yes, OL kicked butt in P1 and I think it's great. I love the OL boats and Yes the new Skater will be a Sick ride!
Old 11-26-2009, 11:41 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

you know guys just because the boat is being built at skater it may not be a skater a ha
Old 11-28-2009, 04:18 PM
Registered

Outerlimits is picking up where fountain left off. Fountain had a 2' beak well OL has a 3' swim platform.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.