Attention!!!Outboard Skaters >

Attention!!!Outboard Skaters

Notices

Attention!!!Outboard Skaters

Old 04-01-2013, 06:57 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

this isn't the first time I've heard rave reviews about him. are the engine mods done in house? I'd love to see you're skater if you can, post a few pics. Running Dewald props?
Old 05-12-2013, 06:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Web site?
Old 05-14-2013, 09:05 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

well one of my 2.5's is in need of over haul or I may just go ahead and start a total re-rig with 300xs's...got the bad news yesterday. Had a local very reputable mechanic look into my steeling issue and due a quick check on the outboards while they were in there. He found my flywheel had just started to drag a little on the stator so its either a complete rebuild or just go ahead with the re-rig which is what I had intended to do eventually anyway. Maybe str will get a call from me now LOL.
Old 05-14-2013, 10:23 AM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by LAriverratt
this isn't the first time I've heard rave reviews about him. are the engine mods done in house? I'd love to see you're skater if you can, post a few pics. Running Dewald props?
Many of us are running Dewalds with good success. Shaun is a good friend of mine and knows his outboards well. He does not have a website but can be contacted by phone.
Old 05-14-2013, 03:03 PM
Racer
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 19 Posts

You can also find him here.....

https://www.facebook.com/shauntorrenteracing?fref=ts
Old 05-14-2013, 03:10 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

thanks guys.
Old 05-15-2013, 10:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My 28Skater is back at STR Racing now,....been a few years...down for some maintenance and Dialing In...Shaun is more than an eng. Mechanic...he is a Skater Guru when it comes to set up and Dialing in.I tow my Skater 660miles ea way from Atl to Ft.Myers.....just to have Shaun maintain and dial it in......that Alone ,should tell you something.....
Old 05-16-2013, 05:33 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

i will definitely keep him in mind.

fortunately we found that my 2.5 flywheel bolts had loosened up damaging the flywheel...but that was much better than a broken crank so hopefully I'll be good for the rest of the boating season. still not sure on how radical I'm gonna get with my re-rig...prolly as far as my wallet will allow
Old 05-16-2013, 09:16 PM
Registered

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by LAriverratt
i will definitely keep him in mind.

fortunately we found that my 2.5 flywheel bolts had loosened up damaging the flywheel...but that was much better than a broken crank so hopefully I'll be good for the rest of the boating season. still not sure on how radical I'm gonna get with my re-rig...prolly as far as my wallet will allow

I'm starting to wonder how soon the 300xs replacement will be coming. It has been out for 6 years now and I have to think that in the last 6 years merc has figured out a way to get a little more power out of that motor or at least turn more rpm. With the quad cam turbo motors and then the 565 the inboards have got a lot of attention over the last few years, I say it's time to give us outboard guys something to get excited about.
Old 05-17-2013, 07:22 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

We can only hope about a new outboard but don't hold your breath!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.