28 skater slip number >

28 skater slip number

Notices

28 skater slip number

Old 05-10-2011, 06:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dewald Props

Dave and I started this project about 4 years ago because I was tired of running (and Breaking) mercury propellors... Not to mention the slip of the Merc 3 blade cleaver is ridiculous especially at cruising speed.... On my 24 I ran 118 @ 6900 with 15X35 merc 3 blades... The first set Dave made went 121 @ 6300 with a few tweaks and the cruising difference was night and day... (saved about 10 gallons of gas on my normal weekend run).... The difference with Dewald is he controls the entire process from wax to blank to casting to finish product.... The Razor design in the pic is the style of prop that we run in F1 most of the time.... We tried it out on the big stuff and it works well... It accelerates alot better than the standard design and when I raced them in Dubai on a 32 Doug Wright they were much better on a long bend when you could not be perfectly straight... We finished 2nd and 4th with them that weekend (21 boats entered)... As far as durability they are damn near bullet proof in their current configuration and we have not broken any, Over the last 15 years he has spent alot of time, money and testing on different metal and heat treat processes... In the stock outboard and tunnel boat world he is the man... We leave for our next F1 race in Portugal next week and everyone runs his propellers... We are coming out with some new stuff in the next couple months....

Shaun
Old 05-10-2011, 10:16 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by F1Driver34
Dave and I started this project about 4 years ago because I was tired of running (and Breaking) mercury propellors... Not to mention the slip of the Merc 3 blade cleaver is ridiculous especially at cruising speed.... On my 24 I ran 118 @ 6900 with 15X35 merc 3 blades... The first set Dave made went 121 @ 6300 with a few tweaks and the cruising difference was night and day... (saved about 10 gallons of gas on my normal weekend run).... The difference with Dewald is he controls the entire process from wax to blank to casting to finish product.... The Razor design in the pic is the style of prop that we run in F1 most of the time.... We tried it out on the big stuff and it works well... It accelerates alot better than the standard design and when I raced them in Dubai on a 32 Doug Wright they were much better on a long bend when you could not be perfectly straight... We finished 2nd and 4th with them that weekend (21 boats entered)... As far as durability they are damn near bullet proof in their current configuration and we have not broken any, Over the last 15 years he has spent alot of time, money and testing on different metal and heat treat processes... In the stock outboard and tunnel boat world he is the man... We leave for our next F1 race in Portugal next week and everyone runs his propellers... We are coming out with some new stuff in the next couple months....

Shaun
Very interesting. What pitch is being run on 28 Skaters with 300X motors. What speeds are typical and is Motor height changes required or recommended.
Old 05-11-2011, 09:28 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BMCCRAY
Steve you get your boat back yet?
No waiting on Carbon Fiber for my New Dash! I have owned this Skater for 7 years....... my third complete re rig Finally have it right thanks to Shawn Torrente of STR Racing!!!
Old 05-11-2011, 09:33 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by fountainfan42
nice job Steve,are you happy with her or still tweaking ? call me when you get a few mins .
Pm me your # still tweaking I believe,Shaun is doing incredible work with my Skater!! Very Happy with my Skater,now that Shaun has worked on it!!

Last edited by offshoresteve; 05-11-2011 at 09:37 AM.
Old 05-11-2011, 01:42 PM
Registered

Shaun Torrente ( STR ) racing hs been a joy to work with , he has built me a pair 375 HP RFI 3 litre strokers . I have dealt with many engines builders over the years and he removes the troublle and drama the most every other engine builder throws in for free . Simply put no B.S and does what he promises on time .

Larry