Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Registered
    My Boats:
    Eliminator

Skater 368 Question

I was wondering if any customer's have put Merc's 1350s w/ M8s into a 368 yet... after seeing the mph some of the boats with that pkg put up at desert storm, I was curious of how fast a smaller,368 would go with its race proven bottom......

Have any been tested?...or anyone have plans to put that pkg into a 368... Do u know Blume..?...

Thumbs up Mercs

Quote Originally Posted by PokerRun388 View Post
    I was wondering if any customer's have put Merc's 1350s w/ M8s into a 368 yet... after seeing the mph some of the boats with that pkg put up at desert storm, I was curious of how fast a smaller,368 would go with its race proven bottom......

Have any been tested?...or anyone have plans to put that pkg into a 368... Do u know Blume..?...
    2 388's are being built now with 1350 Merc's, no 368's yet. Merc 1100 Turbo's would be sweet in a 368.

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by blume View Post
    2 388's are being built now with 1350 Merc's, no 368's yet. Merc 1100 Turbo's would be sweet in a 368.
    Blume- any pics to email me yet? Or can you post some pics of AJs new updates to his boat?

Registered

Blume???

Any idea when Sam Smith's 388 is getting the 1,700 Sterlings...???

I would hope if he's going to the lenghts of swapping the 1,550's for the 17's that he would be planning on running this things to its max potential and that someone is around to catch it on video...

I would be willing to guess 210mph...

Doesn't it already run into the 190's as is with 1,550's...???

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by LESSONLEARNED View Post
    Any idea when Sam Smith's 388 is getting the 1,700 Sterlings...???

I would hope if he's going to the lenghts of swapping the 1,550's for the 17's that he would be planning on running this things to its max potential and that someone is around to catch it on video...

I would be willing to guess 210mph...

Doesn't it already run into the 190's as is with 1,550's...???
    i think they are in it.

Registered

Nice...

i think they are in it.
    I look forward to seeing it run at Skaterfest LOTO if it makes it...

Registered
    My Boats:
    Eliminator
    Thanks Blume..... i noticed the questions about the 1550s and 1700s, but just by the guys I talked to at DS, the Merc 1350s are super fast and very reliable....

Would seem like the 1350s are a , fast, and reliable setup in a smaller Skater..... ya, the 1100s sound great too..!!

Sam's 388 has a goregous paint job!

Registered
    My Boats:
    24 Skater, 292 SR-1 Formula, 382 Fastech, 41 PC
    Wanna see one cool 388, check out Dennis Pooles all white 388 with Brad Smith twin turbos... I had dinner with him and his wife the other night and we talked boats all night, you'd be amazed at what that boat can do.. I wont share the numbers he was telling me but expect something huge if he decides to go through with his plans for the shootout..

And on top of just pure hell for numbers, the boat is GORGEOUS.. Wwhite with red and silver accents..

Registered
    Quote Originally Posted by waterboy222 View Post
    Wanna see one cool 388, check out Dennis Pooles all white 388 with Brad Smith twin turbos... I had dinner with him and his wife the other night and we talked boats all night, you'd be amazed at what that boat can do.. I wont share the numbers he was telling me but expect something huge if he decides to go through with his plans for the shootout..

And on top of just pure hell for numbers, the boat is GORGEOUS.. Wwhite with red and silver accents..
    I'd love to see and hear more about Dennis's boat, it just seems to have disappeared from the forums after a few vids from Tyson and talk of breaking props...

There's gotta be some new video footage out there of it actully running some decent speeds for its potential...

Registered
    My Boats:
    24 Skater, 292 SR-1 Formula, 382 Fastech, 41 PC
    Oklahoma took a beating this winter.. Lots of docks collapsed, many boats sank, lake has been a mess up until a couple weeks ago.. then came the flood waters, lol.. Everythings clearing up and looking pretty again so Im sure he'll have her out soon!

He said itll be running around prior to memorial day I believe.. Hes promised a run in it so Ill definately put some pics up as soon as I get my chance!
    Its my favorite Skater out there right now..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48M7e...eature=related

All the info you could ever want on the motors:
    Twin turbo engines
    Last edited by waterboy222; 05-10-2011 at 12:42 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast