Skater Sales Decorum??!

Notices

Skater Sales Decorum??!

Old 08-30-2011, 04:07 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Skater Sales Decorum??!

Skater / performance boat sales decorum

As most of you may be aware, I am selling a 46 Skater race boat with all the bells and whistles. This came to mind after many e mails, and texts by random people.

I think OSO has a great deal of power, and I would like to yield to those who may know more then I when it comes to selling a race / performance boat

What do some people do when they receive a message asking for additional information and picks, but don't provide their personal info i.e name phone #? I have always obliged and upon the end of my e mail or message I would incorporate my full name along with phone number.

So this weekend I received a message from an OSO board member who I still don’t know (i know the e mail, but not name or #), I sent along pictures per this persons request and price information. I was then met with a reply that stated from what this person heard, the price that I provided was not the price that was going around the rumor mill – still with no name or phone number to contact the “interested” party. I replied by stating that we are open to offers, I actually mentioned that from the very beginning, and continued to state in a more kinder manner, I thought- you must not be that serious as you would have given me the rumor number, your name, or a phone number where you can be reached.

I know there are tire kickers, but for a 46 Skater?? Com on is this our friend Sam?

Are buyers really this crazy, are they this for real? Is it me?
I am interested in hearing your thoughts, maybe I am thinking about this wrong.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:08 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would give any potential buyers whatever info and pics they want. You never know who you are getting e-mails from, it might be a ten year old kid and it might be a Saudi oil prince. Its not going to cost you anything to send them some pics and be polite, even if the other party is not polite.
Old 08-31-2011, 10:06 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 943 Likes on 474 Posts

Give them any info they want but dont invest too much of your time in them....i have found through out the years that being a nice guy will bite ya almost every time. I had a guy come out to look at a truck i was selling. After multiple emails and TONS of pics of just about everything he asked for, he finaly came out to test drive the truck. We get back to my house and i spent another 30min pointing out every defect and quirk the truck had so there would be no surprises. When i was done he hands me a stack of cash...i start counting infront of him and its $200 short! I mention it and he's like "yeah its all i could get out of the ATM today before coming out here" All i said was "thanks for wasting my time" gave him back the cash, put the truck in the garage and started to go inside....he was shocked i wouldnt take the money and even said something about me letting a deal go over $200??? I went off and told him if he had the balls to make an offer $200 less then i may have considered it instead of just handing me a stack of cash and letting me assume it was all there. Also told him if the next guy comes today and offers me me $500 less then my asking price i WILL sell it to him just out of spite!

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 08-31-2011, 11:25 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Of course give them everything. But the question is- if they dont reply with a name or number or any etc are they serious???
Old 08-31-2011, 11:36 AM
GRH
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by TOASTY
Of course give them everything. But the question is- if they dont reply with a name or number or any etc are they serious???
If they are not serious enough about a boat like that to make a phone call... I wouldn't take them too serious....
Old 08-31-2011, 12:25 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Dont waste your time. If they are serious they will leave their contact info.
Old 08-31-2011, 01:42 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

It's crazy I sold a boat in 2008 and was driven crazy by a couple of guys that never showed. Then some cat emails me twice in two days and shows up with cash that weekend. I apologized to him for being short with him and he laughed and said he had been thru the same thing with his old boat.

There are alot of factors at play.

I guess that's why brokers earn their commisions!
Old 08-31-2011, 02:54 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by TOASTY
Skater / performance boat sales decorum

As most of you may be aware, I am selling a 46 Skater race boat with all the bells and whistles. This came to mind after many e mails, and texts by random people.

I think OSO has a great deal of power, and I would like to yield to those who may know more then I when it comes to selling a race / performance boat

What do some people do when they receive a message asking for additional information and picks, but don't provide their personal info i.e name phone #? I have always obliged and upon the end of my e mail or message I would incorporate my full name along with phone number.

So this weekend I received a message from an OSO board member who I still don’t know (i know the e mail, but not name or #), I sent along pictures per this persons request and price information. I was then met with a reply that stated from what this person heard, the price that I provided was not the price that was going around the rumor mill – still with no name or phone number to contact the “interested” party. I replied by stating that we are open to offers, I actually mentioned that from the very beginning, and continued to state in a more kinder manner, I thought- you must not be that serious as you would have given me the rumor number, your name, or a phone number where you can be reached.

I know there are tire kickers, but for a 46 Skater?? Com on is this our friend Sam?

Are buyers really this crazy, are they this for real? Is it me?
I am interested in hearing your thoughts, maybe I am thinking about this wrong.
get a broker
Old 08-31-2011, 03:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blume
get a broker
did you sell yours yet Blume ? new pics look sweet
Old 08-31-2011, 03:31 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Create a 'form letter' which is your first reply to further asks. Sign the email with a sincere message that states "please call me and I'll provide further information as requested.".

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.