Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Skater
28 skater windshield >

28 skater windshield

Notices

28 skater windshield

Old 11-17-2011, 09:48 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Ryan, Thanks for the pics. I have seen some similar but I was looking for something more like they have on the 30's that would come down the side wrap around.
Old 11-17-2011, 01:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the one spectre used was nice , only acpl inches high,. barely noticed it.. But I'd be in..
Old 11-17-2011, 01:55 PM
Registered

Why attach an ugly W/S ? If you hate the wind why not think out of the box and make a flip up deflector similar to what the 30 has . This way when you slow down they can be retracted and lay flush on inner dash and keep the great lines of the Skater instead of turning into a Bayliner
Old 11-17-2011, 02:01 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

UGLY???

I think they're ugly without the windshields! Which just goes to show, that its a matter of opinion. But, I will say, it depends on the style of the windshield.

I think someone manufacturing and producing a windshield for the 28's is long over due.

I hope to see something along these lines:
Old 11-17-2011, 02:08 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by KEVLARKAT32
Why attach an ugly W/S ? If you hate the wind why not think out of the box and make a flip up deflector similar to what the 30 has . This way when you slow down they can be retracted and lay flush on inner dash and keep the great lines of the Skater instead of turning into a Bayliner
I had the flip deflectors on my 30, and as much as they helped, A LOT, it was still a beating. Also, keep in mind the rear passengers. I think a properly designed windhshield would help eliminate some of the abuse they take on.

I know you're a Skater guy, and seem to be a die hard, at that. Keep in mind, almost all the new Skaters coming out of the factory, have wrap around winshields.
Old 11-17-2011, 02:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by ExtremeSkater
UGLY???

I think they're ugly without the windshields! Which just goes to show, that its a matter of opinion. But, I will say, it depends on the style of the windshield.

I think someone manufacturing and producing a windshield for the 28's is long over due.

I hope to see something along these lines:
That is a nice looking Skater. I believe that is the one for a guy that owned Jimmy John's subs. I agree with the right style it is long overdue. Not something that looks home made. The nice thing about Skaters are that they are custom and you rig it to your own taste.
Old 11-17-2011, 03:42 PM
Registered

I think all Skater with W/S are butt ugly , only Cat that got it correct is an MTI , now that is Bad !!!

Please post a few pics of a 28 with add-on W/S , cant wait to see how nice that looks . I have seen a Spectre in person with an add0on W/S , very low profile , looked wonderful bolted on outside of fairing , I walked away asking myself maybe the owner needs Glasses !! Look @ Franks 30 , now that is the way it should look .

The pic of the 30 Skater with W/S was from day one going to have W/S and not and after thought .
Attached Thumbnails 28 skater windshield-dscn4917.jpg  

Last edited by KEVLARKAT32; 11-17-2011 at 03:53 PM.
Old 11-17-2011, 04:06 PM
Registered

Here is newer 40 with fairing , this is very nice but again fall short in W/S dept when compared to a MTI
Attached Thumbnails 28 skater windshield-1.jpg  
Old 11-17-2011, 04:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by KEVLARKAT32
I think all Skater with W/S are butt ugly , only Cat that got it correct is an MTI , now that is Bad !!!

Please post a few pics of a 28 with add-on W/S , cant wait to see how nice that looks . I have seen a Spectre in person with an add0on W/S , very low profile , looked wonderful bolted on outside of fairing , I walked away asking myself maybe the owner needs Glasses !! Look @ Franks 30 , now that is the way it should look .

The pic of the 30 Skater with W/S was from day one going to have W/S and not and after thought .
You are entitled to your opinion and can finish your boat anyway you want. Me personally I would not comment on someone elses taste even if I personally do not like it. Maybe you should get an MTI. By the way who said it was going to be a cheap bolt on.
Old 11-17-2011, 04:27 PM
Registered

Well how else would on attach a W/S other than use some sort of screws or maybe a frame ? Please post pics

Did you just get new cowls ? If so how much were they and how much heavier are they than the stock plastic cowls ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.