28 skater windshield >

28 skater windshield

Notices

28 skater windshield

Old 02-29-2012, 04:24 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

rob, it looks like it's coming out nice. and no, double rigged didn't meet rick or keith, those pu$$ies backed out last minute, just me and Eddie
Old 02-29-2012, 08:29 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ryder638
rob, it looks like it's coming out nice. and no, double rigged didn't meet rick or keith, those pu$$ies backed out last minute, just me and Eddie
Chris, sorry for the mix up. My bad. Good meeting you guys anyway. Lol
Old 03-01-2012, 12:45 PM
Registered

will be cut down

Old 03-01-2012, 01:43 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

looking good!!!
Old 03-02-2012, 03:28 PM
Registered

I appreciate the work your doing and I know all about plugs and molds as I been doing that work for years and just made vinyl-ester hatch , motor-well and console for my 32 . I cant follow your logic here to install add a fairing which adds height to deck and detracts from flowing lines of deck.
Your plug work looks great but why add something to look over rather to remove 2 inches of foam in seat to accomplish the same end result ?

Larry
Old 03-02-2012, 03:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by KEVLARKAT32
I appreciate the work your doing and I know all about plugs and molds as I been doing that work for years and just made vinyl-ester hatch , motor-well and console for my 32 . I cant follow your logic here to install add a fairing which adds height to deck and detracts from flowing lines of deck.
Your plug work looks great but why add something to look over rather to remove 2 inches of foam in seat to accomplish the same end result ?

Larry
I dont believe lowering yourself does accomplish the same thing, it would not deflect the wind up and over you like a fairing will. Second because that is what the guy wanted, he had a acrylic one and he said it worked great to deflect the wind and now with the refinish he wanted a fiberglass version. Others can lower their seat and report back and who knows maybe that might be answer but it does stand to question what lowering the foam would do to your comfort level when in the boat with your legs almost straight out.
Old 03-02-2012, 03:45 PM
Registered

I follow you and the 28 must have much less free-board than my 32 as I have 12 inches of foam on base and I'm 5'9 and sit eye level with top of fairing
Old 03-02-2012, 03:55 PM
Registered

its only 29" WITHOUT the seat mounted from the deck to the gunwale. Im about the same height as you kevlarkat and when I sit in my office chair its 30" to the top.
Figure the dash itself is a little higher but that still puts your head out in the wind with even a short cushion.
Old 03-02-2012, 05:10 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RobF
I dont believe lowering yourself does accomplish the same thing, it would not deflect the wind up and over you like a fairing will. Second because that is what the guy wanted, he had a acrylic one and he said it worked great to deflect the wind and now with the refinish he wanted a fiberglass version. Others can lower their seat and report back and who knows maybe that might be answer but it does stand to question what lowering the foam would do to your comfort level when in the boat with your legs almost straight out.
I put Sparco seats in my 28 Skater looking for the same results. The seats are 2" off the floor, the cushions are 2" thick.

I'm just under 6' tall and I can just barely see over the stock dash. If I sit on a throw able cushion, the height is cool but the wind is back. (I'm having trouble loading pics)

I'm thinking to make the wind go away, its going to take a short wind "deflector" whatever shape works or a see thru wind shield if a 28 owner wants the wind and noise gone.

Making it look correct on that shallow of a hull presents its own problems. Keep up the good work everybody.
Old 03-02-2012, 08:15 PM
Registered

Great work, lowering the seats into the sponsons works.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.