Looking for an older 24 or 28 Skater >

Looking for an older 24 or 28 Skater

Notices

Looking for an older 24 or 28 Skater

Old 03-28-2012, 05:59 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by sea2jet
I ended up buying the Lip Service boat. Formerly the race boat High Risk. Guardado Marine did a great job on the repair and conversion to a pleasure boat. John Vanderstel rigged the boat with the 300x's and PPI installed the interior. I'm redoing the graphics. Same look, just changing it up a bit. Lowers had some pitting on the prop shafts. Not bad, but while there out I am having new shafts installed, seals, and impellers. Then there getting polished. I put on a new rub rail, powder coated the battery boxes and cup holders and installed a new stereo. Hope to take it out in the next few weeks and try it out. Rick Felsen, the original owner lives on Long Island and is looking forward to seeing it. He raced it from 1988-2003.
I remember it well and probably have some photos of it racing in its day. Have fun let us know how it runs with the 300 X's.
Old 03-28-2012, 06:42 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will do, I remember Rick Felsen telling me he bought it from Kevin Brown after he saw how fast it was in the rough. I plan to start a thread and post some pictures once I get everything done to it. I'm anxious to see Mr. Felsen run it. I'm hoping to pick up some pointers. I bought a bunch of DVDs from Freeze Frame and luckily there is some good footage of the boat racing.
Old 04-12-2012, 07:26 AM
Registered

My old 24' is for sale on scream and cry
Old 04-12-2012, 07:47 AM
Registered

You will not go wrong with those guy's doing the re-do.......what are your props and set up ?
Old 04-16-2012, 03:26 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...-300-s-(-39500)

$35k! Hard deal to beat!
Old 04-18-2012, 09:53 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

That 32 was a light one, used to work on it when it was P-32, Team Skater
Old 04-18-2012, 04:33 PM
Registered

Really, thats awesome. I'm just about ready to pull it out and see how she goes. I just got the Sportmaster lowers back. New shafts, seals, and we added the 4 seal billet shift perch's and the vent kits. That should take care of any water getting in. Got a great deal on getting them polished. I should be able to post some pictures next week hopefully.

Last edited by sea2jet; 04-18-2012 at 04:39 PM.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:51 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by sea2jet
Really, thats awesome. I'm just about ready to pull it out and see how she goes. I just got the Sportmaster lowers back. New shafts, seals, and we added the 4 seal billet shift perch's and the vent kits. That should take care of any water getting in. Got a great deal on getting them polished. I should be able to post some pictures next week hopefully.
Did you get the Lakeside vent kits? I did all the same to my lowers and still had issues until I drilled a small hole in the top of the tube mounted in the cowling. Did not make sense to me to have it sealed tight?
Have had no issues since. Plus all stern drive bottles are vented.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:44 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Double Rigged
Did you get the Lakeside vent kits? I did all the same to my lowers and still had issues until I drilled a small hole in the top of the tube mounted in the cowling. Did not make sense to me to have it sealed tight?
Have had no issues since. Plus all stern drive bottles are vented.
I had the lakeside vent kits, the Taylor billet carriers, still problems........Shaun Torrente Fixed them, still use the lakeside billet shift shaft and the Taylor billet carrier, just modified them both,and removed the vent tube and tank.......No More Problems!!
Old 04-19-2012, 05:51 AM
Registered

Interesting, I'll watch the oil and if I still have a problem, I'll drill a vent hole in the expansion chambers and see how that works.