Notices

Sweet 32

Old 01-28-2012, 08:53 PM
Registered

Received 155 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by blume
A few drinks and brain not in gear. Here are a few.
Originally Posted by Skater30
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4AcTX6PbEQ&sns=em

Yup, you've got'em! Here's a little vid of it running against a 36' w/ 763 ci motors vs my 588 ci motors (both N/A). Love my Skater/Sterling/Arneson combo!

While it'd be cool to own a 40'+ Skater, Skater30's boat is the one I'd choose over any other. Great interior layout, arnesons, NA power, easy to transport, and my favorite color
Old 01-28-2012, 09:04 PM
Registered

Received 792 Likes on 222 Posts

You gotta love that video. Those Arneson's look good on there. I have a customers 30' under construction now that's going to have Arneson's on it but it will have a 10' 2" beam.
Yeah, Rik told me about it. It's going to be interesting to see how it turns out with what's going in it. I'm not a big fan of the widened smaller Skaters, as I think it makes them look shorter than they already are. Al Burn's son had just finished his widened 32 when I was building mine, and seeing it at LOTO is what made me decide to not widen mine. I'm glad to see someone finally build a 30 with Arnesons though.......the boats are a perfect match for the ASD7s!
Old 01-28-2012, 09:20 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Plowtownmissile
While it'd be cool to own a 40'+ Skater, Skater30's boat is the one I'd choose over any other. Great interior layout, arnesons, NA power, easy to transport, and my favorite color
Thanks for the kind words. It's just a "baby" Skater, but it works really well for me. I live on the California Delta (which leads to the San Francisco Bay), so it is a perfect boat (both size and design) for the usual outings from my house to San Francisco (and out past the Golden Gate) then back. It's 90 miles one way, so I end up putting over 200 miles per day on the boat, which uses right about 150 gallons total. I cruise 100 - 110, so the entire day is a real thrillride!
Old 01-28-2012, 09:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4AcTX6PbEQ&sns=em

Yup, you've got'em! Here's a little vid of it running against a 36' w/ 763 ci motors vs my 588 ci motors (both N/A). Love my Skater/Sterling/Arneson combo!
Skater 30, Your Boat is Bad AZZ! Nice job. You are right it's different and cool. The only thing I would like different is the full wrap windshield. But she is fast!! Looks great.
Old 01-29-2012, 07:40 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Cavanti53
Skater 30, Your Boat is Bad AZZ! Nice job. You are right it's different and cool. The only thing I would like different is the full wrap windshield. But she is fast!! Looks great.
C53 That's why the couple that are on order have the wider beam, so they can have the 6 person cockpit, wrap around windshield and a walkway down each side to the bow.
Old 01-29-2012, 07:46 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs up

Yeah, Rik told me about it. It's going to be interesting to see how it turns out with what's going in it. I'm not a big fan of the widened smaller Skaters, as I think it makes them look shorter than they already are. Al Burn's son had just finished his widened 32 when I was building mine, and seeing it at LOTO is what made me decide to not widen mine. I'm glad to see someone finally build a 30 with Arnesons though.......the boats are a perfect match for the ASD7s!
You and Rik should come to DS and bring your 30'. I have some potenial customers that a ride in your boat would push them over to a new small Skater.
Old 01-29-2012, 10:01 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

have them come down to florida i can take your guy out in this one full wrap around windsheild
Attached Thumbnails Sweet 32-boat23.jpg   Sweet 32-boat2.jpg  
Old 01-29-2012, 10:24 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by JIMKID Motorsports
have them come down to florida i can take your guy out in this one full wrap around windsheild
Won't find one any nicer than this 30...Great looking paint!..
Old 01-29-2012, 11:22 AM
Registered

You and Rik should come to DS and bring your 30'. I have some potenial customers that a ride in your boat would push them over to a new small Skater.
When BT is no longer associated with DS, you will see my boat there. And Pete already knows that if he ever asks me to take a potential customer for a boat ride, I would be more than willing to do that for him. But I'm certainly not going to drag my boat a thousand miles to do it, especially when my boat is sitting on a lift down at my dock ready to go!
Old 01-29-2012, 11:45 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

a men i hear ya

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.