2013 Miami Boat show, Skaters >

2013 Miami Boat show, Skaters

Notices

2013 Miami Boat show, Skaters

Old 02-19-2013, 10:08 PM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by blume
I sold the boat, I know, I sold 3 out of the 4 boats at the show at the show. Nobody is a 1075, 1100 or 1350 Merc certified rebuilder, the Merc factory only does them. I think he's BSing you, the owner doesn't think it's going to run 190mph in it's current form.
What one didn't you sell? And is it true that 52 is for a 19 year old? Wow
Old 02-19-2013, 11:56 PM
never trade luck for skil
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blume
I sold the boat, I know, I sold 3 out of the 4 boats at the show at the show. Nobody is a 1075, 1100 or 1350 Merc certified rebuilder, the Merc factory only does them. I think he's BSing you, the owner doesn't think it's going to run 190mph in it's current form.
Just telling u what I heard. So if someone lives in south Florida and has any of those 3 motors, they can't go to some that is Merc certified to have them refreshed or warranty work, they have to be shipped to mercury?

By the way congrats on all the sales!! U do a great job and seems without u we wouldn't see half of the bad azz rides skater puts out!
Old 02-20-2013, 06:15 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by cfischer
Just telling u what I heard. So if someone lives in south Florida and has any of those 3 motors, they can't go to some that is Merc certified to have them refreshed or warranty work, they have to be shipped to mercury?

By the way congrats on all the sales!! U do a great job and seems without u we wouldn't see half of the bad azz rides skater puts out!
Thanks. Warranty work yes but not factory refresh on those motors. The factory refresh on 1100 and 1350 Merc turbos is a long block exchange, no rebuilds.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:25 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Wow! !
Old 02-20-2013, 01:13 PM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by precisiondetails
And is it true that 52 is for a 19 year old? Wow
From Wisconsin?
Old 02-20-2013, 04:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Double Rigged
Me too. Thinking of building one but Peter keeps talking me out of it. Says middle motor will break all the time in the tunnel.
DR-learn me something.....when you say the middle motor will "break all the time" can you explain please. I'm not familiar with the outboards boats but always wanting to learn about all boats/setups. thanks!
Old 02-20-2013, 06:08 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MrSneakAttack
DR-learn me something.....when you say the middle motor will "break all the time" can you explain please. I'm not familiar with the outboards boats but always wanting to learn about all boats/setups. thanks!
The center or 3rd engine is free hanging in the tunnel for each and every wave to attempt to pry off the boat. Not a bad thing in FLAT water but in the rough water the center engine takes a real beating as so much more of the engine is exposed to the water in comparison to one hanging on the transom.

Another issue, which addresses the lower units is that unlike the sponson water the tunnel water has nothing breaking the edge off the water and thus the center engine sees every dip in the water as it does not see a steady flow of good water so the load is constantly interrupted and thus the gears take a beating.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rik
The center or 3rd engine is free hanging in the tunnel for each and every wave to attempt to pry off the boat. Not a bad thing in FLAT water but in the rough water the center engine takes a real beating as so much more of the engine is exposed to the water in comparison to one hanging on the transom.

Another issue, which addresses the lower units is that unlike the sponson water the tunnel water has nothing breaking the edge off the water and thus the center engine sees every dip in the water as it does not see a steady flow of good water so the load is constantly interrupted and thus the gears take a beating.
thanks Rik! Do you have my 7m's ready for the KV? wink wink ha
Old 02-20-2013, 08:00 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cfischer
the color scheme is sick and I heard the 52 was built for the new owners 19yr old son!
Are you saying that the the 52 is being built for the owner of the new 338's kid?
Old 02-20-2013, 09:25 PM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by mptrimshop
Are you saying that the the 52 is being built for the owner of the new 338's kid?
I'm pretty sure that's not the case

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.