Permission to come aboard Sir's?

Notices

Permission to come aboard Sir's?

Old 01-01-2014, 09:11 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

[ATTACH=CONFIG]515536[/ATTACH]
Thanks! I was was just thinking back though, I'm glad that I found what I wanted in the 36 skater outboard which is very rare, Also fortunate to have found Glass Dave who did an outstanding job on restoring the hull and switching the transom configuration for the quad set up. He is great to work with and I highly recommend him
Attached Thumbnails Permission to come aboard Sir's?-pa200009.jpg  
Attached Images  

Last edited by davidmercury; 01-01-2014 at 09:36 AM.
Old 01-01-2014, 11:28 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

David, your boat is awesome. Can't help but wonder how it would run with 4 300xs's and a little work!
Need to bring that boat to FL. Would like to build a triple 30-32 one day.
Old 01-01-2014, 03:51 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Location: East Texas Waterfront- running errands if anyone asks
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Double Rigged
[ATTACH=CONFIG]515527[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]515526[/ATTACH]

I can run my boat on plane at 27 mph. Cruises all day long. Slow speeds not an issue. Boat runs flat only thing is that you will get spray blow back out of the front of the tunnel at speeds under 40 if it's sloppy. 28 Skaters are incredible and will run well in some big stuff also.

There are a wide range of 28's out there and pricing is a wide range also due to age of boat etc.
What are looking to spend?
Thanks for the input DR. Good to hear they are decent cruisers also. I dont have to worry about much over 2 footers and thats on rough days.

Your 28 is just about what I'm looking for in a turnkey rig. The couple of 28's I have found need the tanks reworked(corn is for food), or new interior, or paint, if not all three. I'm not seeing a lot of them available right now. Maybe things will pick up in the spring. If you are interested in selling yours PM me and we can talk budget. I might be a buyer if you are a seller. I wont waste your time either way.

Where are you seeing some 28's, 30's or 32's?
Old 01-01-2014, 08:44 PM
Registered

There is a member on here with a 30 for sale. His screen name is Lightspeed.
Also will see if I have the number still for another 30 for sale not listed.
Old 01-01-2014, 10:15 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

[QUOTE=Double Rigged;4050836]There is a member on here with a 30 for sale. His screen name is Lightspeed.
Also will see if I have the number still for another 30 for sale not listed.[/

Without starting any he said she said please read this thread on scream and fly about the last person that recently bought a boat from lightspeed then make whatever choice you would like. The thread speaks for itself, I encourage you to read it completely.

Page 5 gets really interesting. The motors were claimed to be low hour motors yet they were found to have 1700 hours!!!!! There's other issues with the boat as well. Really interesting doesn't look like he's an honest seller. I would hate for anyone else to go through the same experience.

http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...s-delamination

Last edited by 272bajadriver; 01-01-2014 at 11:03 PM.
Old 01-02-2014, 06:24 AM
Registered

I read that thread also and would definitely check the boat out throughly if you are interested. Just mentioning that he has one for sale. That is all I know about that boat. I believe it was at Ryan Beckleys fun run yesterday.
I would be very careful buying any older Skater and spend some time going through the boat. It can get expensive if there is hull damage or if the boat needs tanks.
Old 01-11-2014, 11:47 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Location: East Texas Waterfront- running errands if anyone asks
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How do you Skater guy's feel about Spectres? I've always wanted a Skater but the Spectres are interesting...
Old 01-11-2014, 02:46 PM
Registered

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Flightplan
How do you Skater guy's feel about Spectres? I've always wanted a Skater but the Spectres are interesting...
There not bad, but definitely not skater quality or performance. They are built solid and really are copies of skaters but still don't perform quite as well. On the other hand in general they are less expensive.
Old 01-13-2014, 07:18 AM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

[QUOTE=272bajadriver;4050866]
Originally Posted by Double Rigged
There is a member on here with a 30 for sale. His screen name is Lightspeed.
Also will see if I have the number still for another 30 for sale not listed.[/

Without starting any he said she said please read this thread on scream and fly about the last person that recently bought a boat from lightspeed then make whatever choice you would like. The thread speaks for itself, I encourage you to read it completely.

Page 5 gets really interesting. The motors were claimed to be low hour motors yet they were found to have 1700 hours!!!!! There's other issues with the boat as well. Really interesting doesn't look like he's an honest seller. I would hate for anyone else to go through the same experience.

http://www.screamandfly.com/showthre...s-delamination
Many of us have no thanks to this site or S&F. Please be informed and do your reasearch and hire a surveyor. S&F has some great members that look out for each other, but the site is run by a clown Greg who owns a boat but doesn't use it. I got burned twice on S&F to the tune of 15k and when I tried to report it to the owner/administrator "Greg" it fell on def ears. I had the crooks name listed in my signature as others did with issues with diffrent crooks in their signature on S&F. I had 35 glossy photos detailing the carnage to post, but after being put in time out at 40 something years of age, decided S&F is not the site for me. Needless to say they put me on perminent time out. Phuck S&F and the owner who, like this site also protects certian vendors and deletes threads that could help us all from being burned. I have had aquantances that started sites also and wanted to run them like Sweden "neutral" or no negative comments about CROOKS. Phuck them also! Remember about this site and any with high $$$ hobbys, the crooks follow the money and the ball washers blow em. Theres' more crooks in the performance boating would than Carter has liver pills. The only site that " I " am on that is run honestly is Boatfreaks period. Good luck on your hunt!

Bob

Last edited by bulletbob; 01-13-2014 at 08:38 AM.
Old 01-13-2014, 07:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree S&F is run and owned by a Moron !!!!!!!!!!! This site has been sold to a large company that has their heads parked in they're ass!!! I will NEVER EVER pay to advertise here again !!! Did for years , never again how I was treated by corporate !!!
I think I bring a lot to the table , I restored 99% of my Skater MYSELF , including all the fab and glass work , rigging and all body prep and surface work and stopped posting pics as I REFUSE to pay to help this site @ unfortunately some of members that want to see how this is done . ( yes I know I can go to photo sharing site )
Bottom line without a few of the Members here that actually do most or all their restoration work this site will fall apart !! I have moved on to other sites that is FREE and needs members that walk the walk .

As far as Spectre , had a few friends with them and they are outstanding !! In fact I was looking for a 30 O/B hull when I settled for my 32 Skater ! I still want one !!!

Last edited by KEVLARKAT32; 01-13-2014 at 07:47 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.