WTB: looking to buy a 28 Skater, help! >

WTB: looking to buy a 28 Skater, help!

Notices

WTB: looking to buy a 28 Skater, help!

Old 03-02-2014, 10:29 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTB: looking to buy a 28 Skater, help!

I'm pretty sure I've searched every online classified thoroughly, for months. Several have popped up, and there are still a few available, but none that meet my criteria. So, I'm turning to you guys for some help.

Im looking for that one boat, you know, the... " my friends friend, has a buddy, that knows a guy with a clean 28, just sitting in a garage, that he might sell"... That boat!

I know it's a long shot. I'm a serious cash buyer, and would really appreciate any help or lead from a member.

Thanks in advance

PM me
email me [email protected]
call or text me 925-588-4800

Gary
Old 03-02-2014, 11:01 AM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ExtremeSkater
I'm pretty sure I've searched every online classified thoroughly, for months. Several have popped up, and there are still a few available, but none that meet my criteria. So, I'm turning to you guys for some help.

Im looking for that one boat, you know, the... " my friends friend, has a buddy, that knows a guy with a clean 28, just sitting in a garage, that he might sell"... That boat!

I know it's a long shot. I'm a serious cash buyer, and would really appreciate any help or lead from a member.

Thanks in advance

PM me
email me [email protected]
call or text me 925-588-4800

Gary
I've got this friend in Douglas Michigan named Pete.......

Seriously where where you this time last year. When I sold mine which was perfect by the way, I had to part it out to sell There where seven on the market then.

Good luck
Old 03-02-2014, 12:05 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

the hard part of the 28 skaters is that the market has shrunk down to them so while there was once an abundance of them on the market now they are very hard to find the ones you do find need a complete interior/paint/engine combondation as well as a trailer so the cost is getting very high everyone knows the 2.5s are done the 300 pro max are crap the once great 300x are no longer and now the 300 xs are your only answer and they cost some big money for an older boat.
Old 03-02-2014, 12:57 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Boatlesss
the hard part of the 28 skaters is that the market has shrunk down to them so while there was once an abundance of them on the market now they are very hard to find the ones you do find need a complete interior/paint/engine combondation as well as a trailer so the cost is getting very high everyone knows the 2.5s are done the 300 pro max are crap the once great 300x are no longer and now the 300 xs are your only answer and they cost some big money for an older boat.
Well said. Be ready to put some money into it after you find one.
Old 03-02-2014, 03:24 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Boatlesss
I think you would have to seriously compare to new. Pete wanted to make 100k starter cat with 200's that would do 100MPH. Too bad he could not make the 28 more cost effective/ competitive . I think it would sell again.
Old 03-03-2014, 09:20 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Yeah, I've always been at the wrong price and the wrong time. It's frustrating. I've finally saved up some money, and my budget seems to fit what 28's 'were' selling for. Nowadays, I think because of their amazing versatility, the prices have gone back up from years past. But, I'm still hopeful. I've seen a few come and go, within last 6 months that I would have been happy with, but I wasn't ready.

Thanks everyone for the insight, now hopefully a home run will show up! Fingers crossed.
Old 03-03-2014, 09:57 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Look at the Doug Wright on Scream and Fly! A great boat as well. I would have gone that way but I just bought a new 28 Skater. For the cost of "fixing up" a used/abused Skater you might look into a new one. I feel that it is working out well for me. David.
Old 03-13-2014, 10:01 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Bump, still looking
Old 03-13-2014, 05:01 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Hang in there, you'll find what you want, it took me awhile but I got what I wanted at a fraction of the price of a new one.
Old 03-13-2014, 09:41 PM
Registered

Go find a 30 spectre , great fine built boat !!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.