Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Skater
Skater Fatboy 338 >

Skater Fatboy 338

Notices

Skater Fatboy 338

Old 04-03-2014, 04:12 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

That's quite a bit more than what I was told (by DR) & much better aligns w/ the top speeds attained. I found it a little hard to believe he could go 20mph faster w/ less H.P. His boat maybe lighter than mine & the Arnesons worth some but 20mph on less H.P. seemed like a stretch.

I'm way less secretive & much more the full disclosure type b/c at the end of the day there will always be someone faster than me, there's no trophy or $$ involved & I hope that others benefit from what I share no different than I have from those who also chose to share.
Old 04-03-2014, 05:36 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Dale doesn't have 100 hp more than you do in your boat total though. And 20 mph is more than 100 hp in most boats. You probably spin your engines harder than Dale does as we have 6K chips and they kick in at about 5800 and you can feel them as the boat just drops a bit when it's on the limitors. Never had a chance to pull the chips for a higher speed, although we get about 3% slippage with the old pre CNC prop's that Merc made.

Weight does't affect top speed by that much. That being said he is about 6,800 lbs dry I believe.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:34 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

The hp quoted was more like 625 but it's all good & so not important any more. ILMOR Gen 3's only spin like 6200 max. I also run 1.50 drives for acceleration over speed b/c the # of MINUTESI ran my boat at WOT or top speed over the period of a boating season simply doesn't make sense to set it up that way. It's cool to know what # one can post but once you've done it the thrill is gone unless you plan to keep investing more money or tinkering.

For the first inboard 30 ever built his boat runs very well.
Old 04-03-2014, 09:32 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Orthobam
Exactly what I was a thinkin'
734-456-3600. Ask for Jessica or Ian and run some numbers. Sounds like a killer "smaller" setup!
Nick-
Old 04-03-2014, 11:22 PM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Originally Posted by NASCAT
The hp quoted was more like 625 but it's all good & so not important any more. ILMOR Gen 3's only spin like 6200 max. I also run 1.50 drives for acceleration over speed b/c the # of MINUTESI ran my boat at WOT or top speed over the period of a boating season simply doesn't make sense to set it up that way. It's cool to know what # one can post but once you've done it the thrill is gone unless you plan to keep investing more money or tinkering.

For the first inboard 30 ever built his boat runs very well.

They're all good. Would love to run Louie's and Sam's boats... That would be awesome side by side with those two especially considering the power difference between Dale's and those would really make a seat of the pants kick and Dale's boat has extremely good acceleration but those two must be something special. When Mike at Skater ran Sam's boat he said it was a blast. The new owner is going to love that thing!

Didn't Jim run a pair of the Ilmor 570's late last summer in his boat? Wonder how it ran?
Old 04-04-2014, 12:58 AM
Registered

Received 155 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by LAriverratt
running 100mph at 4g's that's nice!!!...that will get me to 65ish in my v bottom LOL. 308 with Outboards not sure... how much HP does he have??? can't remember.
Here's a better question I asked myself when the 338 was announced knowing Rayzor's 30 ran 150+mph...

At that speed in a 30' cat, would I really want more tunnel compression (more boat out of the water) with the same power let alone with considerably more power?

Just food for thought...
Old 04-04-2014, 01:45 AM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Originally Posted by Plowtownmissile
Here's a better question I asked myself when the 338 was announced knowing Rayzor's 30 ran 150+mph...

At that speed in a 30' cat, would I really want more tunnel compression (more boat out of the water) with the same power let alone with considerably more power?

Just food for thought...
Fortunately it hasn't created a problem as the boats are safe and stable.
Old 04-06-2014, 02:08 PM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Rik
They're all good. Would love to run Louie's and Sam's boats... That would be awesome side by side with those two especially considering the power difference between Dale's and those would really make a seat of the pants kick and Dale's boat has extremely good acceleration but those two must be something special. When Mike at Skater ran Sam's boat he said it was a blast. The new owner is going to love that thing!

Didn't Jim run a pair of the Ilmor 570's late last summer in his boat? Wonder how it ran?
Yes Jim did test the 570s
Old 04-06-2014, 02:11 PM
Registered

Dales Boat is just awesome.

NASCAT- his interior is basically 5 seats, no real side panels or other stuff... But like Rik said, not a huge weight difference.
Old 04-06-2014, 03:01 PM
Registered

I would really like to see one up close as well!

Hey Rik- what's the build status on Public Enemie #1s 338?... Aka Oso member F26

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.