Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Skater
new style skater seats wanted >

new style skater seats wanted

Notices

new style skater seats wanted

Old 09-13-2014, 11:11 AM
Registered

Received 792 Likes on 222 Posts

You do know that a new style Skater front seat weighs 55 #s complete? You're boat is a rocketship - I personally wouldn't want to put that kind of weight in it if I were you. The style front seats Pete built for my 30 weigh less than 20 #s each complete. I had a special request for these seats when he built my 30, and mine was the first Skater to ever get them - he's since installed them in many different models.
Attached Thumbnails new style skater seats wanted-skater-30-running-045.jpg  
Old 09-13-2014, 11:42 AM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Cool Seats (and boat), Dale. The seats in my Skater seem to be the same shells with yours cut down more like a Recaro race seat and much thinner foam. I haven't weighed mine, but they are WAY under 55# each. I can almost lift one with one hand and I'm not the biggest guy. I'll weigh mine when I get the boat back from getting the new powerhead. It will be interesting to hear what Pete at Skater brings to the table for Tom. Tom keep us informed. David
Old 09-13-2014, 11:51 AM
Registered

Received 792 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by Taboma
Cool Seats (and boat), Dale. The seats in my Skater seem to be the same shells with yours cut down more like a Recaro race seat and much thinner foam. I haven't weighed mine, but they are WAY under 55# each. I can almost lift one with one hand and I'm not the biggest guy. I'll weigh mine when I get the boat back from getting the new powerhead. It will be interesting to hear what Pete at Skater brings to the table for Tom. Tom keep us informed. David
I think he uses the same fiberglass shell as mine to build the style in your 28 David (which are very nice btw). Being the first ones built, my seats are not as refined as the newer ones. Mine are also covered in ultrasuede (my choice), not marine vinyl, which probably has something to do with them being so different. I weighed mine while back at the factory when mine was being built and they weighed 17 #s each - but I rounded up a few #s to account for the seat brackets used to mount them to the floor that the standard seats don't use.
Old 09-13-2014, 01:32 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks skater 30 for the imfo.,yes I deff want to keep the weight down around the same weight or less then what I have know
they are the old high barrel back style seats , David had a great idea about getting the shells in carbon , I would think that would be a great weight savings,
I really need to get back home an get the seats on a scale an compare the weights.I really want to just update the interior abit,i will keep ya updated on the weights an options,
Old 09-13-2014, 07:29 PM
Registered

Received 190 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by tom kennedy
Any pics of them tmmii?
Sadly I don't.

It was this boat. http://speedonthewater.com/boat-rest...Jza2F0ZXIiXQ==

They came out pretty good I thought.
Old 09-17-2014, 11:55 AM
Registered

Hey skate
Has your interior guy ever done the seat shells
Prior prior to your style shells?
Old 09-17-2014, 01:37 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey skate
Has your interior guy ever done the seat shells
Prior prior to your style shells?
We used to have low back buckets on jet boats back in the day. I'm sure he did those but other than that not sure. He's always been game foe whatever I send his way.
Old 09-21-2014, 06:40 PM
Registered

Received 61 Likes on 22 Posts

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o58816-en.html

In case you missed these.
Old 09-22-2014, 07:58 PM
Registered

thanks but I may have found what I am looking for
Old 09-23-2014, 10:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks but I may have found what I am looking for
What did you find?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.