Notices

28-1

Old 03-15-2015, 06:40 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Location: East Texas Waterfront- running errands if anyone asks
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I got all of the interior and most all of the hull hardware off the boat today and yesterday evening. Gauges
Come out tomorrow.anyone got any great tips for for marking the wires for replacement. I'm going to try pics and color coding. How do you riggers do it?

Had my painter come to my shop yesterday and check her out. He says it's a three week job depending on how crazy I go. He will put me in the front of the line as soon as I pull it to him.
Old 03-15-2015, 07:52 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Flightplan
I got all of the interior and most all of the hull hardware off the boat today and yesterday evening. Gauges
Come out tomorrow.anyone got any great tips for for marking the wires for replacement. I'm going to try pics and color coding. How do you riggers do it?

Had my painter come to my shop yesterday and check her out. He says it's a three week job depending on how crazy I go. He will put me in the front of the line as soon as I pull it to him.
FP if you are using the standard Mercury 8 pin wire harness and are going to stick with analog gauges it is easy. No need to mark them. We can provide color code when you are ready to start rewiring the boat.
What model year is the 300x's. You may be able to go to smartcraft and make it easy.
Old 03-15-2015, 10:17 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Double Rigged
FP if you are using the standard Mercury 8 pin wire harness and are going to stick with analog gauges it is easy. No need to mark them. We can provide color code when you are ready to start rewiring the boat.
What model year is the 300x's. You may be able to go to smartcraft and make it easy.
The X's are 2003. I have a couple of round Smartcraft guages ( tachs) with the cable that came with them but I won't be using them. I have room for 2 of the small square ones like Zero has in his dash.

Regarding the color code. I'm not sure this boat was rigged per a code (1992). Some of the wiring looks pretty half assed really, some not so bad.
The boat was re rigged with all Livorsi guages in 2008.

This is a pic of the port tach. It's not too bad. As far as 8 pin, I assume you are talking about connecting the on board harness to the motors. The guages just have to be removed for paint.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]538597[/ATTACH]

I have no idea why my pics keep rotating like this. Anyone know why this is happening?
Attached Thumbnails 28-1-image.jpg  
Old 03-16-2015, 06:27 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

assume you are pulling all the old wire out?
Old 03-16-2015, 06:58 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Your pictures will be enough, purple- 12vdc ignition, blk -ground, blue- lights, all the same on all gauges. Then the only wire left is the sender. Gray- tach, etc.
The new gauges from Livorsi are Poor Quality, the rims pull off, made in China.
Old 03-16-2015, 07:47 AM
Skater Brother
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LV
Jim, did the windshield affective attitude of yours?
Yes it did. It made it run flatter and more stable. It's an aerodynamic change to the boat and it works. If I didn't have so much time in a 28 I wouldn't believe it but it really makes it a better ride. Not to mention it keeps the wind out of your face .
Old 03-16-2015, 01:12 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by LAriverratt
assume you are pulling all the old wire out?
No i dont see any problems so far with the existing dash wiring. I will be pulling anything that has been abandoned over the years. Looks like a lot of stuff under there that is no longer needed.
Old 03-16-2015, 01:32 PM
Registered

Received 531 Likes on 328 Posts

Originally Posted by Zero Patience
...The new gauges from Livorsi are Poor Quality, the rims pull off, made in China.

ZP,

what gauges do you recommend?

Old 03-16-2015, 02:19 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

No i dont see any problems so far with the existing dash wiring. I will be pulling anything that has been abandoned over the years. Looks like a lot of stuff under there that is no longer needed.
If you go with the vessel view go ahead and pull it all out! It is better to start fresh than have a cluster of crap.....
You need to also check and see if the 300x motors on the 32 have a smartcraft gauge on the dash. You will need a special harness to make it work.
Old 03-16-2015, 02:28 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Double Rigged
If you go with the vessel view go ahead and pull it all out! It is better to start fresh than have a cluster of crap.....
You need to also check and see if the 300x motors on the 32 have a smartcraft gauge on the dash. You will need a special harness to make it work.
DR, The 32 does not have the smartcraft gauges but came with the gauges and the harness that have never been installed. Will the 2003 X motors work with a VV, or do I have to stay with the earlier Smartcraft stuff.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.