400hp Verados Latham Tie Bars >

400hp Verados Latham Tie Bars

Notices

400hp Verados Latham Tie Bars

Old 07-10-2015, 09:31 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts
Default 400hp Verados Latham Tie Bars

Took some pics of these monsters going on a 32' Doug Wright. Latham seems to have done a nice job on the tie-bar set up. I measured the motors and they are 6 1/2ft tall!!!! Checked them against my 300x's it is more than 15" higher. I would bet on a small cat and on this Doug Wright the powerhead is way up in the face of the wind. Will be interesting to see if there is much wind resistance at 100+ mph. I would think so.

I am sure the CG will be an issue and this powerhead sticking up the air will not help the cause.....
Attached Thumbnails 400hp Verados Latham Tie Bars-img_1825.jpg   400hp Verados Latham Tie Bars-img_1821.jpg   400hp Verados Latham Tie Bars-img_1822.jpg  

400hp Verados Latham Tie Bars-img_1823.jpg  
Old 07-10-2015, 10:18 AM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

I hate it because I so wanted a pair of these puppies. The DBR mods on the 300XSs is looking better every day to me. Hopefully Mercury can lower the height with 15 " mids put it on a diet and boost it 50HP. But until they do I'm going to go boating and let them work it out on someone else's time and dollar.

Good luck Steve!
Old 07-10-2015, 12:09 PM
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by skate
I hate it because I so wanted a pair of these puppies. The DBR mods on the 300XSs is looking better every day to me. Hopefully Mercury can lower the height with 15 " mids put it on a diet and boost it 50HP. But until they do I'm going to go boating and let them work it out on someone else's time and dollar.

Good luck Steve!
Hey Sam, You have a direct line to me. Ill PM my cell number once mine get here. Hopefully the bugs will be kind to me being my nickname is Nastybug after all. Ha. Maybe you can buzz in and check them out first hand so you can make up your mind with more confidence. Im glad I stayed with them in the end. Was perfect timing for me and somebody has to be first. At least my boat will be rigged for them already. Any changes or future horsepower bumps Ill be ready for. Im not the most knowlegeable person on this site but I have to believe that the way of the future is more in the four stroke area than the two cycle end. Steve.
Old 07-10-2015, 12:37 PM
Registered

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

Yes they are heavy and yes they are tall but I still have to think that they will put up some good numbers on these newer 30'+ cats. The fact that they are at least 400hp and turn somewhat high rpm makes me believe we will see great speeds. I could see the Doug Wright putting up 125 and Nastys boat 115.
Old 07-10-2015, 02:14 PM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 65 Posts

I don't know much, but I believe they are narrower than the 300s, so what they have in height they could make up with less width. I could very much be wrong, but that's what it looks like to me at least... Maybe
Old 07-10-2015, 03:57 PM
VIP Member

Does anybody have an idea about when this Doug Wright is going to get wet. Cant wait to hear what its numbers are.
Old 07-10-2015, 08:26 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by precisiondetails
I don't know much, but I believe they are narrower than the 300s, so what they have in height they could make up with less width. I could very much be wrong, but that's what it looks like to me at least... Maybe
When I stand behind the boat it does not look and narrower to me of any significance. Maybe just a touch. Also the way the tie bar is you have to take off the steering tie bar and plates to change the oil.
Not sure when the boat will be done but they are thinking in about two weeks.
It is a 4 seater. I hope to be able to go for a ride with Troy when they test it.
Old 07-11-2015, 01:54 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Nastybug
Hey Sam, You have a direct line to me. Ill PM my cell number once mine get here. Hopefully the bugs will be kind to me being my nickname is Nastybug after all. Ha. Maybe you can buzz in and check them out first hand so you can make up your mind with more confidence. Im glad I stayed with them in the end. Was perfect timing for me and somebody has to be first. At least my boat will be rigged for them already. Any changes or future horsepower bumps Ill be ready for. Im not the most knowlegeable person on this site but I have to believe that the way of the future is more in the four stroke area than the two cycle end. Steve.
Good luck with her. I think you made the right call.
Old 07-11-2015, 05:55 AM
Registered

Received 544 Likes on 330 Posts

Will this be tested in a race course soon? SBI or others perhaps?

more pics can be seen in face book

Last edited by noli; 07-11-2015 at 07:32 AM.
Old 07-11-2015, 08:10 AM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Double Rigged
When I stand behind the boat it does not look and narrower to me of any significance. Maybe just a touch. Also the way the tie bar is you have to take off the steering tie bar and plates to change the oil.
Not sure when the boat will be done but they are thinking in about two weeks.
It is a 4 seater. I hope to be able to go for a ride with Troy when they test it.

Is this a new boat with a wider tunnel or an old race boat converted to pleasure?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.