Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Skater
28' Skater Video with new Garmin Virb Camera >

28' Skater Video with new Garmin Virb Camera

Notices

28' Skater Video with new Garmin Virb Camera

Old 08-17-2015, 12:23 PM
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Ron just out of curiosity how far is your steering wheel from the seat back. Your son looks very comfy driving there. Steve.
Old 08-17-2015, 06:43 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Not exactly sure but the seat is mounted in the center hole of the 3 that Pete puts in them. I can measure it for you next time I am at my shop.
He had a ton of fun. Still has a lot to learn about the bad things that can happen and go wrong. We did a few evasive manuevers at 60mph with me chopping a throttle too.
Need to document your maiden voyage!!!!
Can't wait.
Talked to Skate today. He is bringing his boat to Key West. You should come too!
Old 08-18-2015, 05:49 PM
VIP Member

Do you guys tow them down yourselves? Think my Beam is just at the point when I run into trouble in some places which we have discussed before. NJ being one and its my home state. Ha. Id probably have to hire someone to haul it for me. Just bought a total cover for my rig today. Covers the boat and the motors and will be made to be fastened down to trailer too. Need it for winter here maybe also.
Old 08-18-2015, 07:22 PM
Registered

Get that thing to s. fl and we can either tow down to KW or run them down. Another great event that is a shorter distance and wind is not a factor is the Miami Boat Show Run in Feb.
No more than a 3hr trip. How's the progress?
Old 08-18-2015, 09:57 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Nastybug
Do you guys tow them down yourselves? Think my Beam is just at the point when I run into trouble in some places which we have discussed before. NJ being one and its my home state. Ha. Id probably have to hire someone to haul it for me. Just bought a total cover for my rig today. Covers the boat and the motors and will be made to be fastened down to trailer too. Need it for winter here maybe also.
Nasty don't store your boat outside under the cover alone. You will definitely want to store it inside under cover. Even the best covers won't protect it from the elements and the UV Rays will destroy it. Your upholstery and electronics will love you for taking care of them.

There of a ton of guys towing rigs wider than yours. Mine is only 9'6" and I have zero issues. Helt tows his 338 everywhere flat also without issues. I'll tow to south Florida and probably do the poker run to KW. It's a bucket list run and a great way to enjoy your boat and meet everyone. I'm actually considering leaving it down there for the winter.

There are several guys who regularly tow for a price. I'm considering having a local retiree take mine down. He works reasonably and loves to travel. Win win situation I can work fly down and come out way ahead of towing for four days on my on
Old 08-18-2015, 10:37 PM
Skater Brother
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Double Rigged
Sounds good Jim. Let me know when it is back at TNT and we can discuss some options. I would love to the real wrap around windshield but you guys were not done with it when I did the Aeromarine one I have. I am sure there is a boat customs one in my future somewhere down the road. Hopefully with a bigger a boat!
Sounds like a plan all around!! See you in Miami!
Old 08-18-2015, 10:40 PM
VIP Member

Im working on inside storage but I figured Id get the cover too just in case. My Parents live in Palm Beach Gardens/North Palm Beach. Was thinking about sending it down there and rack storing it for winter. I can still use it when I go down just have to inform the insurance carrier. Progress is coming. Waiting on pics. They had gauges cut out last week. Gotta believe they have them all in by now. The cleets and bumper pins were in a while ago and both motors mounted more than a week ago. gotta be getting somewhere.
Old 08-19-2015, 07:18 AM
Registered

Im working on inside storage but I figured Id get the cover too just in case. My Parents live in Palm Beach Gardens/North Palm Beach. Was thinking about sending it down there and rack storing it for winter. I can still use it when I go down just have to inform the insurance carrier. Progress is coming. Waiting on pics. They had gauges cut out last week. Gotta believe they have them all in by now. The cleets and bumper pins were in a while ago and both motors mounted more than a week ago. gotta be getting somewhere.
I would be happy to look after it if you elect to leave it down here for the winter! You would have a lot fun.
Old 08-19-2015, 08:44 AM
Skater Brother
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Your boat will be perfect for south Florida and the Keys boating!
Old 08-19-2015, 11:45 AM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Double Rigged
I would be happy to look after it if you elect to leave it down here for the winter! You would have a lot fun.
Maybe we share a boat condo!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.