Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Skater
Potential Skater 28 flat deck  build. >

Potential Skater 28 flat deck build.

Notices

Potential Skater 28 flat deck build.

Old 12-16-2015, 09:38 PM
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Potential Skater 28 flat deck build.

Hey guys, after seeing how my build turned out I was thinking about what other boats would be interesting and has anybody ever come close to pulling the trigger.
Being an outboard guy I fell to that category quick. I thought It would be a one of a kind to build a Skater 28 foot flat deck and also widen the hull 8, 10, or 12 inches. Beam could be as wide as 9'4". They could put a widened cockpit in it with a dash set up similar to mine. My dash set up might even fit as is. Nice tall thick windscreen. Just imagining it in my head brings an awesome picture to mind. I know it would get a bit pricey and the 28s and 30 outboards are kind of entry level and most people get to a level of money and think why not just step up to the next size or I/Os. I love the 28s and they are fast as hell. Im Talkin about if it was your committed desire to build one badass 28. would be so awesome. Dale's 28 ran 120 with some Dialing in for sure. So if this fairy tale boat ran 115mph it would Totally Groovy Man. Just wishing. Steve.
Old 12-16-2015, 09:55 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Location: East Texas Waterfront- running errands if anyone asks
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Noli posted this pic not to long ago. Someone is already widening a 28 Skater. This is a flat deck race hull. Should be quick. Skater Jim has been clocked as high as 127 mph with 300x motors I believe, with a standard 28 hull. Sounds like a fun project

[ATTACH=CONFIG]548966[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Potential Skater 28 flat deck  build.-image.jpg  
Old 12-16-2015, 10:21 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Flightplan
Noli posted this pic not to long ago. Someone is already widening a 28 Skater. This is a flat deck race hull. Should be quick. Skater Jim has been clocked as high as 127 mph with 300x motors I believe, with a standard 28 hull. Sounds like a fun project

[ATTACH=CONFIG]548966[/ATTACH]
Hey flight, Looks more like a classic hull. Same as a 30Classic deck with rub rail. Looks very cool for sure.
Old 12-16-2015, 10:35 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Nastybug
Hey flight, Looks more like a classic hull. Same as a 30Classic deck with rub rail. Looks very cool for sure.
Flat deck, twin canopy, race. This is the type being widened above.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]548967[/ATTACH]

Classic deck. 1992-Now

[ATTACH=CONFIG]548968[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Potential Skater 28 flat deck  build.-image.jpg   Potential Skater 28 flat deck  build.-image.jpg  

Last edited by Flightplan; 12-17-2015 at 02:51 PM.
Old 12-16-2015, 10:40 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Flat deck, twin canopy,race, added flotation starboard.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]548969[/ATTACH]
Old 12-17-2015, 10:49 AM
bor
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I was planning to do a conversion of the old 28 race skater of lightspeed into a wrap arround windshield flatdeck , the deck was allready flat on that one but after put all work and cost on a row I turned in a other way as its a very big job specialy whit the kevlar involved .
but it should be a ultimade boat not to big ,easy to tow and fast like hell .

I cant wait to see your boat in Miami Nasty ! What a beauty ,will you be there as well ?
Old 12-17-2015, 11:42 AM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by bor
I was planning to do a conversion of the old 28 race skater of lightspeed into a wrap arround windshield flatdeck , the deck was allready flat on that one but after put all work and cost on a row I turned in a other way as its a very big job specialy whit the kevlar involved .
but it should be a ultimade boat not to big ,easy to tow and fast like hell .

I cant wait to see your boat in Miami Nasty ! What a beauty ,will you be there as well ?
Hey Bor, I will be passing thru on my way to Key West with my girlfriend. She hasn't seen the boat yet. May hang around for an hour or so but then back on the road south to The SouthernMost Hotel on the Beach. Love it there.
Old 12-17-2015, 11:47 AM
VIP Member

Hey Flight, Love that boat but don't believe its a flat deck. Im talking about the cut down hull with a rap around windshield. There are no rub rails on that model and the deck has no lines or raised areas at all.
Old 12-17-2015, 12:15 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Nastybug
Hey Flight, Love that boat but don't believe its a flat deck. Im talking about the cut down hull with a rap around windshield. There are no rub rails on that model and the deck has no lines or raised areas at all.
I don't believe Skater ever built a 28 without a rub rail. What you have seen is owner deleted, and filled. The two versions I have posted are the only factory models I am aware of. I'm near positive Skater never put a wrap windshield on a 28. That too is owner modded.

Here's a different angle of the flat deck, canopy, race. Like the one being widened.
Old 12-17-2015, 02:22 PM
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Flightplan
I don't believe Skater ever built a 28 without a rub rail. What you have seen is owner deleted, and filled. The two versions I have posted are the only factory models I am aware of. I'm near positive Skater never put a wrap windshield on a 28. That too is owner modded.

Here's a different angle of the flat deck, canopy, race. Like the one being widened.
Yea I have never seen one without the rub rail. If it has a rub rail it is most likely not considered a flat deck. All the decks on these boats are kind of flat. On top of wondering whether anybody has built one and I don't think they have I was wondering what peoples thoughts were on the subject or if they came close to going in that direction. The flat decks have the sides built up and then cut down farther toward the front. The deck is custom made after that. The classic deck in your pics have the deck molded I believe and generally don't have windshields unless someone did an aftermarket set up. The deck is attached to the hull at the rub rail I believe. Could be wrong on where its attached. The 30 Classic Skater deck and the 28 Skater above have a similar deck other than size of course. I can see what you mean about it being flat. Does not have that raised are in the middle but I was thinking more along the lines of the new flat decks They are producing now. I love the pics of the widened 28. looks cool. Any idea how much it was widened.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.