Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Skater
Video Memorial Weekend Fun >

Video Memorial Weekend Fun

Notices

Video Memorial Weekend Fun

Old 05-31-2016, 10:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Double Rigged, you mind sharing the part number on the "in hull transducer" I have been looking for one. I am running a Vessel View Race Edition.

thanks,

Originally Posted by Double Rigged
This boat has an in hull transducer feeding the Smartcraft. It is getting into the Garmin through the gateway. However if you had a smart sensor on yours it would also get to the VIRB. It is one of the items being transmitted over. I am working with them on adding more information from the engine side. Hopefully sometime down the road it will happen.
Props are my everyday 29p 5blade Dewalds.
Old 06-01-2016, 01:00 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by jpf091959
Double Rigged, you mind sharing the part number on the "in hull transducer" I have been looking for one. I am running a Vessel View Race Edition.

thanks,
I will check with my Mercury Guy.
Old 06-01-2016, 10:45 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you sir. you always given me great advice.
Old 06-06-2016, 04:52 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Taboma
Ron, exactly where do you have your transducer? I thought there were issues with the airation from the hulls at speed??? What is a smart sensor? Sam, what are the "future motors"??
Ron, Please share where you have you depth transducer installed. Did you remove the core and epoxy fill the created void? I was't sure that a depth transducer would work on a Skater.
Old 06-06-2016, 06:19 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey David,
Sorry forgot about it. Getting old sucks. The transducer on this boat is mounted in the back low in the sponson. It goes against everything we know about proper installations in what we do and what manufactures recommend. Peter did do a core out and filled the void with solid fiberglass.
You can buy an in-hull version NMEA2000 for the Garmin and put it right in the backbone. I can ship you one if you like. The housing you can epoxy in and fill it with mineral oil or antifreeze.
It seems to work ok. I have not really paid attention to it but will next time out to make sure it is working.
Hope this helps.
Old 06-06-2016, 09:00 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Double Rigged
Hey David,
Sorry forgot about it. Getting old sucks. The transducer on this boat is mounted in the back low in the sponson. It goes against everything we know about proper installations in what we do and what manufactures recommend. Peter did do a core out and filled the void with solid fiberglass.
You can buy an in-hull version NMEA2000 for the Garmin and put it right in the backbone. I can ship you one if you like. The housing you can epoxy in and fill it with mineral oil or antifreeze.
It seems to work ok. I have not really paid attention to it but will next time out to make sure it is working.
Hope this helps.
I used Ron's unit on my wife's deck boat and hooked up via NEMA 2000 to Garmin Map GPS. It works very well.