Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Skater
outboard skaters: 28 versus a 32 >

outboard skaters: 28 versus a 32

Notices

outboard skaters: 28 versus a 32

Old 07-25-2016, 06:33 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

No need to ban a guy for his opinions. Tube, we get it you don't like Skaters and you think they are junk. Ok. Point made.

We all happen to love our Skaters and respect the man who still builds them today. Your comments aren't going to change that.

It's like telling a Harley guy he should buy a Honda. Not going to happen. At this point you are just stirring the pot.

Summary,
TubeCarz does not like Skaters and thinks they are junk.

Every other Skater owner on this forum loves their Skater(s) and respects the man who builds them.

If anyone would like TubeCarz opinion please PM him and I'm sure he would be happy to give you his expert advice on catamarans, outboards, set ups, lay ups, building boats, windshields, fuel tanks, fuel, props, drives, speed of different catamarans, build quality of different brands......

Skater is the only brand catamaran I will ever own (unless I inherit one - but then I'd sell it) and no internet forum is going to change my mind.
Old 07-25-2016, 08:36 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

While we're on the subject of the video, no one in that video got "whooped" it was a couple friends boating together and taking video of each others boats while having fun. If you've never done that with a friend either you have no friends or your missing out on a fun part of performance boating, I'm guessing most of us know which category you probably fit in. Now at the same time can a smaller boat with trips outrun a bigger boat with twins sure no big surprise there. Now if those two boats were running together and the water kicked up I'd put my money on the twin powered bigger boat all day long and now that they both have trips my bet would be on the skater even though it's a bigger boat.
Old 07-25-2016, 06:01 PM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoresteve
Why hasn't this TubeAss Troll been Banned!
Don't buy into his baiting BS. That's what trolls want. Just ignore him like everyone else has Steve.
Old 07-26-2016, 06:14 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

"I asked how many of you were willing to take your fresh from Peter tank jobs to a Sunoco station and fill it up with 93 . Silence by most and the few calling me an ******* trouble maker spoke volumes about the level of trust you guys put in the tanks in general or the repair that you spent a lot of money (to me anyway) on to fix a problem that could have been dealt with long ago with bladders or aluminum tanks.
If you guys want to be tied to rec 90 fuel OK, just don't go bad mouthing other boats with false statement's, lay-up schedules, build quality etc if you don't want your own words fed back at you"

Tube, Just for clarification my 308 has had 93 octane pump gas in it since day one in 2007. I have inspected the tanks since I bought it and they are perfect built with the material that Peter said it would last. I will continue to put pump gas 93 in with no worries in the world. If and when something happens it is part of owning a high performance boat. Us boaters can find faults with all makes and models of boats as well as engines.
Maybe we should run Tahatsu outboards because Mercury cannot build a 3.0l gear case that can stay together or not ingest water. Just my .02 cents.
Lastly some of the guys that buy these boats have no business owning them as they cannot afford the proper way to do things. If you see seems in the floor I would bet the tanks were done somewhere other than Skater. I was Zero last weekend and saw his boat. There is no evidence of the floor ever being cut.
Being in the marine business I see a lot of things from other manufactures as well but do not share them. All builders have there issues. They are just not public knowledge.
Carry on!
Old 07-26-2016, 06:53 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by TubeCarz
Every word I have ever said here, has been the truth. Never disrespected anyone. Or called them names.
Stevie, if I hurt your feelings, go see your doctor instead of going all Nazi / commie.
Never disrespected anyone or called them names............^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^....... ...........Nazi/ commie...............take your meds sport.
Old 07-26-2016, 07:52 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

wow!!!!! I've been missing all the action
Old 07-26-2016, 03:19 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

I know these guys and they are loaded with helpful info, all very, very knowledgeable nice guys all the way around. the popcorn is for the "entertainment" you injected. if you don't like skaters that's fine but reading your post you seem to have a grievance against them or the skater owners in general...maybe both...if you don't then forgive my misunderstanding...but your post make you seam like a prick to me!!! again forgive me if I've misunderstood!
Old 07-26-2016, 04:56 PM
Registered

Nope tub***** you don't.........let the trolling continue in 5 4 3 2................................flame on sport
Old 07-26-2016, 06:13 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I wonder if he is going to Skaterfest???????
You know there is another loyal following there as well in the General Section. Or are you scared of the big boys?????????
Old 07-26-2016, 06:37 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Location: East Texas Waterfront- running errands if anyone asks
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dayum! I'm sensing some major butt-hurt up in here.

No offense intended, but which one of you Skater Bros got caught throwing the wood to Mrs Tubecarz?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.