flatdeck windshield brackets. >

flatdeck windshield brackets.

Notices

flatdeck windshield brackets.

Old 06-12-2017, 09:29 PM
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default flatdeck windshield brackets.

Hey Guys, Nastybug here. Been a while. Just got back in water. Gonna try and post some vids this Summer. Was too busy out racin around last season. Hope all had a great and safe winter. I just wanted to give a quick suggestion to anybody with a new build coming up or a boat already owned that I changed this winter and was for the better. I had the brackets that are in place for my windshield on my Flatdeck Skater Painted black. Originally Im assuming the three of them were some sort of Stainless material. I boat in Salt water full time and the brackets constantly had a light haze or sheen of very light but annoying rust laying across them no matter what I did. Unless I had it constantly waxed or detailed I couldn't get it out. When I had them painted it solved the problem. I chose black but obviously you could do any color that works with your color scheme. The black went good with the darker windshield but silver would have been fine for me too. I just got tired of looking at it and it was an easy fix. Ive seen it done before but it never jumped out at me or made me think of the benefit other than color. I know it seems trivial but Im so glad I had it done. Just thought Id throw it out here.
Old 06-13-2017, 04:53 AM
Registered

Received 541 Likes on 330 Posts

if you can clone those metal pieces in aluminum, then anodize them, the surface bond is stronger than paint and resists corrosion in salty environments...just an idea

contact TZRider, he can clone your steel parts into aluminum and has powder coat and anodizing equipment and is located in Boca

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...so-member.html

Nasty, would love to see videos of your boat

Attached Thumbnails flatdeck windshield brackets.-img_6444_zpsjybotesy.jpeg  

Last edited by noli; 06-13-2017 at 04:56 AM.
Old 06-13-2017, 09:34 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Welcome back Steve! Need some new gossip on here. Been dead!
Need pics and videos, anything........
Old 06-13-2017, 05:54 PM
Registered

Received 792 Likes on 222 Posts

Hey Steve, I know another guy doing black windshield fixtures.......you think that's a coincidence?