Jay Pilini 34 >

Jay Pilini 34

Notices

Jay Pilini 34

Old 06-13-2017, 05:46 PM
Registered

Received 792 Likes on 222 Posts
Default Jay Pilini 34

Hey guys, I didn't want to post any negative comment on the thread in General Discussion, but am I the only guy that thinks the new Jay Pilini 34 looks like it is straight out of 1994? With all the gorgeous new boats out today, it's not difficult to use a few of them as examples when tooling an all new boat. I know he will sell them cheap, so I'm sure he'll sell a few, but I personally couldn't buy one just based on the looks alone. I don't know if any of you have noticed, but the 32 Spectres with 400Rs are dirt cheap in comparison to the other manufacturers as well - and they don't seem to be selling well, for the same reason imo.
Old 06-13-2017, 06:51 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Boat seems to have a wierd line towards the back with it goes in an upward angle from the windshield.
The only positive thing for me is that the more O/B cats that sell the more fun we all will have.
Old 06-13-2017, 07:57 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

I disagree. The rendering and model I saw looked pretty nice. Maybe after they set the windscreen it will take a better form. Jay always built a great boat at a good price. I am sure this will be no different.
Old 06-13-2017, 09:01 PM
Registered

Received 792 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by Cash Bar
I disagree. The rendering and model I saw looked pretty nice. Maybe after they set the windscreen it will take a better form. Jay always built a great boat at a good price. I am sure this will be no different.
Beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder, so I completely respect your opinion. I agree that Jay builds a good boat for a great price. I've actually recommended Spectre 32s to several friends in the market for a mid size cat, as I think they're the best value out there in the used market. I've not personally ever been in one, but I've heard nothing but good things about them from guys that own them, and others I highly respect in the performance boat industry. I think both the inboard and outboard versions of the Spectre 32 are highly underrated boats - I'm just not a fan of how they look.