Out of Control >

Out of Control

Notices

Out of Control

Old 01-06-2018, 07:39 PM
Registered

Received 569 Likes on 341 Posts
Default Out of Control

Holy moly. Claimed up to 2365 a side with 4sp trans. Has that thing ever been pushed?
Old 01-08-2018, 01:49 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My understanding is it's a super cool concept that hasn't been tuned to it's potential
Old 01-08-2018, 05:30 PM
Registered

Received 792 Likes on 222 Posts

That's Al Burns' last build that has never been dialed-in. The motors don't make enough torque down low to get the boat on plane, that's why they put the 4 speed trannys in it. But with the trannys came other issues. It's been one thing after another with that rig from what I've been told in the past, and I think they finally just gave up on it.
Old 04-09-2018, 09:02 PM
Registered

Received 1,207 Likes on 580 Posts

Great looking boat!
Old 08-28-2019, 12:44 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Skater30
That's Al Burns' last build that has never been dialed-in. The motors don't make enough torque down low to get the boat on plane, that's why they put the 4 speed trannys in it. But with the trannys came other issues. It's been one thing after another with that rig from what I've been told in the past, and I think they finally just gave up on it.
Not completely accurate. The boat was finished and runs great. Last outing ran in the 170's, but needs some time testing props to get the most out of it. You are correct the original motor combination was low on bottom end torque (didn't see that one coming). A beast on the big end but you need that bottom. That issue was resolved when the Duttweiler Performance worked with Turbonetics to build a new level turbo set that significantly increased the bottom end power and added a few more HP to the big end. THIS NEW TURBO TOOK OVER A YEAR TO DEVELOP. The transmission was a programing thing. Pat Weismann worked with us to detail in the 4 speed trannies. When Pat builds these things they are a specially designed and programmed for each application. There is no plug and go when it comes to these types of specialty item. Pat spent many hours fine tuning the shift program to make this project come together. They are a masterpiece of engineering. Now Al's age and health doesn't allow him to enjoy this project any longer so its time to move on. A 34 Ford Custom pickup with a retro Ford Hemi is in the works ( current project). If you know Al you understand its never about the end, its the journey. That has always driven him to do something different. With the help of Peter at Skater, Kenny at Duttweiler Performance, Pat Weismann and a few others this is truly a boat truly fits its name Out of Control.
Regards Dave