Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Sonic
Anyone ever made a glove box out of the passenger dash panel? >

Anyone ever made a glove box out of the passenger dash panel?

Notices

Anyone ever made a glove box out of the passenger dash panel?

Old 04-21-2005, 12:14 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Anyone ever made a glove box out of the passenger dash panel?

A quick question. If you were going to make final inspection of your boat why are you going back in May? Did you inspect your boat? What condition was it in? Did it have a hull number in it yet? When was it origionally due?

ANd PS.... Lilly no longer exists. They were bought by Valspar. they do clam to make the same color but it depends who does your mix there IS a noticable difference in color between the Valspar Ultra White and the old LIlly Ultra white. Just be very clear with whoever is doing your mixing.
Old 04-21-2005, 10:01 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Catagory5(JIM),
The boat is done,and has been done for a while. Mindi Doller's crew was dialing it in.They did a great job rigging the boat. I flew down to check it out one last time. I will be driving down to trailer it back up in May.Yes the boat was delayed but it was NOT Sonics fault.It was the engine builders suppliers fault-couldn't get the heads. Then the custom CMI headers had to be made to the replacement heads.They couldn't get the Dart heads and they used Brodix heads instead.Both of these issues were out of Sonics hands.
Tom
PS. Jim if you want to talk call me. I'm sure Dennis has my number,or get it from Adam L. or Mike (2001 358).
Old 04-22-2005, 07:50 PM
Registered

Tom,
I realized it was you after i posted, i think it was 1am. I'm not officially with Dennis anymore, I still help him out n the performance stuff. I opened my own shop. I'm in the same marina as Adam.
Old 04-24-2005, 09:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

East Coast, I posted a question similar to yours 2 years ago about a glove box on the passenger dash panel idea. It seems like there is enough room to put in some type of glove box. I like your idea of the 12 volt outlets for a cell phone ect. Let us know how it turns out! Steve
Old 04-25-2005, 05:44 AM
Registered

509, will do. I pulled the panel and there is a lot of room in there. It's already carpeted and contains some wiring and an electrical bus. I'm going to mount 1-2 12v power outlets in there on the back panel. One for the cell phone and maybe one for the spotlight. The only side that isn't carpeted is the left side which is open to the fresh water tank. I'm going to stuff that closed and hopefully find some matching carpet to finish it off. I have a sheet of the 3/8" white plastic for the face plate and I just ordered a tempress 11x15 white slam hatch yesterday. It's about the best thing we came up with to use for an access panel, we'll see how it turns out. Dammed little hatch was about 60 bucks with shipping and tax. I'm hoping to have it in place by next week. I'll take some pics, though I can't post them. If someone gives me their email address, I'll send the pics for you to post..

Also got a section of the 3/8 plastic for the driver dash panel which I'll do in the winter, all that wiring will be fun!!! Going to stay straight white panel and try to find blue bezels or white, we'll see what comes up!

Picked up our frig at the boat show yesterday, they have to send me the mounting bracket for installation.

Waiting on Sonic to get back to me with delivery of the custom waste tank to start the electric head installation. Want to get that delivered and installed before I order the jabsco quiet flush...

Picked up a gps/depth finder combo as well at the show...

Bring on summer and lower gas prices!!!
Old 04-25-2005, 08:38 AM
Registered

Where do you run a Sonic in North hampton ,PA ????
Old 04-25-2005, 09:37 AM
Registered

We tow all over! Poconos to the North, Husdson to the East, Ocean City, MD, Chesapeake, Smith Mt to the South, Raystown Lake West.

And dream'n of the Caribbean in a big Lagoon Cat!
Old 04-25-2005, 05:45 PM
Registered

I love Raystown Lake!!! Don't tell anyone about it
Old 04-25-2005, 06:23 PM
Registered

It's so far away from anywhere, people don't tend to come back that often. And you can't build on it, so that's another issue as far as availability.
Old 04-25-2005, 10:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

East Coast B,
I'll be glad to bring your waste tank north with me if you want to wait till May when I pick up our boat. I'm in west central New Jersey (10 miles north of Princeton). Let me know.
Tom

Quick Reply: Anyone ever made a glove box out of the passenger dash panel?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.