Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Sonic
1994 old style bolsters, anyone ever romove them?? >

1994 old style bolsters, anyone ever romove them??

Notices

1994 old style bolsters, anyone ever romove them??

Old 06-01-2005, 02:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question 1994 old style bolsters, anyone ever romove them??

Will need to remove the driver bolster so I can retrofit a pumpout waste tank that Sonic is sending me, anyone done this? Difficult? What to look for?

Once I have the bolster removed, I have to remove the frame for the slider access panels at the floor level, then supposedly this tank will fit right in there.... Not purchasing the head until I get this bugger in there....
Old 06-10-2005, 05:57 PM
Registered

Default Re: 1994 old style bolsters, anyone ever romove them??

Anyone??? Just got the waste tank shipped to me and I'm ready to go at it...

My driver side bolster has the right arm that comes up to meet the dash and behind the seat is some more fabricated assembly that has two can holders in it for the rear passengers??

Only thing I see so far is about 4 bolts on the right side and of course the hardware into the floor.

Anyone???
Old 06-11-2005, 02:15 AM
Registered

hmmmm.....

the waste tank on my 35 is next to the back seat just aft of the sliding door. maybe it is different on yours.

anyway, i took the frames out of my 35 to fit a 12" sub box on each side. it was pretty tough. i think they 5200'ed the frame to the fiberglass. i put a crack in each side of mine while prying them off. You may want to apply some heat after you get the screws out to soften up the 5200.
Old 06-13-2005, 01:46 PM
Registered

For future reference....
remove 6 floor mount screws at base of bolster
remove several bolts and screws where bolster meets side
remove bolster cup holder near throttle and remove screw
remove outer two vents along walkway and remove several screws

Entire bolster assembly should now pull out.....

Got the bolster out and the storage compartment slide door off, but tank won't fit in as in the center of the storage area is a small divider right in the center which won't allow me to slide the tank in and down.... nothing is ever easy!!!! Argh!!!!!

Last edited by East Coast B; 06-13-2005 at 03:49 PM.
Old 06-13-2005, 03:38 PM
Registered

Put in an OBD ( over board discharge ) valve & thru hull fitting, and just dont say anything to anyone. Just dont flush when rafting, or in the vacinity of you friendly neighborhood water patrol

Serioulsy that sucks. Can you mount the tank in the bildge or isnt there any room ? Dont know how tight it is in your boat, 42's & 45's no problem with space in the engine room.... usually. I know 35's are tight.

I know some cruisers have their holding tank in the engine compartment & the head is midship & they dont seem to have a problem with pumping it that distance. How bout a smaller tank, ie: custom made aluminum to fit inside the one space ? Where theres a will, theres a way usually. Just making suggestions. I know the older Sonics had aluminum tanks, & the newer ones are plastic.
Old 06-13-2005, 03:51 PM
Registered

Spoke with Sonic and it appears that my pvc tubes that they run the cables through is lower on my boat than they are normally. That's just my luck, normally they say the small bulkhead in the bottom of the storage compartment isn't in the way... well, I got the sawzaw out.... here we go!!! Guess I'm going to learn how to reglass a new bulkhead in place.... Thought the hard part was going to be getting the bolster and slide panel off......
Old 07-09-2005, 05:45 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Have you finished the project of installing the marine head?
Old 07-10-2005, 07:38 PM
Registered

All finished!!! Took a lot of time, but it came out great!!! Got new lonseal moonwalk dark blue flooring for both under the toilet and in front of the toilet, that was $100. Jabsco quiet flush head $550, running the hoses was fun but doable. Hoses, fittings and misc $100. Waste tank $100. Time, a lot, but got it done perfectly!!! Looks great! Funny thing is with this installation is that every hose hook up was a different size. Water hose on boat is 3/8" but connects to head solenoid valve 1/2", then other side of solenoid valve is 3/4" to head 3/4". Waste line on head is 1" and waste tank is 1 1/2"... waste tank is 1 1/2 and waste deck fitting is 1 1/2". As you can see, not everything lined up, these people should talk to one another and get it all straight!!! Totally looks great!!!
Old 07-10-2005, 07:40 PM
Registered

I'd have to say, removing part of the bulkhead in the starboard storage area and rebuilding/reglassing it was the worst part of the whole job....
Old 07-11-2005, 06:54 AM
Registered

Post some pics.

Quick Reply: 1994 old style bolsters, anyone ever romove them??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.