Notices

Word From Sonic

Old 08-16-2005, 08:05 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Word From Sonic

Here's the latest.
CSI Group Acquires Sonic and Dakota brands; merges with Mares to form CSI Marine

Stuart, FL (August 12, 2005) — The CSI Group of Hudson, NH, announced today it has acquired the tooling and marketing rights for the Sonic and Dakota brands of boats. The Sonic and Dakota brands will join with CSI’s Mares line of luxury high-performance powercats to form a new division, CSI Marine. CSI Marine’s headquarters and manufacturing facility are located in Stuart, FL.

Sonic, a high performance brand with a loyal following for over 25 years, will continue its tradition of offering a high value, comfortable, safe, fast boat line. Dakota Boats will continue its high quality offering of center-console, outboard-powered, offshore fishing and law enforcement boats. Mares is expanding its line of exceptional high performance powercats with offshore center console and fishing boats powered by either outboard or diesel power. Each brand will continue to be sold and marketed under its traditional name with operations merged under one roof.

Marine industry veteran Jonathan Spaulding will serve as CSI Marine President and Chief Operating Officer. A Past President of the American Composite Manufacturer’s Association, Spaulding has over 20 years of experience at such well-known companies as Hinckley Yachts and North End Composites. He most recently was the President and Chief Operating Officer of Sabre’s Back Cove Yachts division. He will be responsible for the strategic and day-to-day operation of the company.

Supporting Mr. Spaulding, as Engineering Director, will be New Zealander, Phil Mead, a professional boat builder with a background in the America’s Cup, working on Team New Zealand’s winning Black Magics. Mead has also been involved in the build of several Megayachts, was the manager for Callan Marine Racing and was the principal designer of the Dragon powerboat.

“The formation of CSI Marine with top notch marine professionals, the established brands of Sonic, Dakota and Mares, and CSI Group’s 33 years of manufacturing and operations expertise, provide an exceptional platform for offering customers and dealers superior products with outstanding service,” explains CSI Group CEO and Founder, Leonard A. (“Len”) Worden.

CSI Group, founded in 1972, is a privately owned diversified manufacturer of infrastructure products and machinery serving the construction, communications, utilities, government and transportation industries. Based in Hudson, NH, CSI Group companies provide a wide range of products and services internationally, including highly-engineered manufactured concrete products, pre-fabricated and electro-mechanically outfitted equipment buildings, material handling systems, premium steel forms and tooling; and, the mobilization of facilities to construct segmental tunnel rings for tunnel projects. CSI Group designs and manufactures superior quality, innovative products for the most demanding applications and environments.
Old 08-16-2005, 08:27 PM
Registered

Default Re: Word From Sonic

cool very cool !!!! good news
Old 08-17-2005, 06:29 AM
CBR
www.hyperfishing.com
Platinum Member

Great, great, news! I hope Jay Ross gets a seat on the board of directors!
Old 08-17-2005, 08:03 AM
Registered

Great News ! Glad Sonic is back ! Seems like they have a great team and background and will keep Sonic up to expected standards they have been known for.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:16 AM
CMG
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

NH is the mecca of offshore boating!!!

Hudson is right nest door of where I am, never thought CSI was anything more than a pre-cast concrete company.
Old 08-17-2005, 11:25 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

From what I was told Jay Ross will not be part of Sonic.
Old 08-17-2005, 12:42 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Jay Ross and Frank Marchone are fat, dumb, and happy, (figuratively) in the Tobacco/Cigar Industry; first hand info. I wish Sonic and CSI all the best.
Old 08-19-2005, 10:29 AM
Registered

OK CSI Marine I'm ready for you to fix my boat now... Had to pay another $80 for parts due to bad installation on trim tab hoses.
Old 08-19-2005, 11:17 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by captwk
OK CSI Marine I'm ready for you to fix my boat now... Had to pay another $80 for parts due to bad installation on trim tab hoses.
Sounds like it's time for a rerig of your boat.
Old 08-19-2005, 06:24 PM
Registered

FINALLY!!! Who is handleing warrenty issues? Captwk deserves to have his boat taken care of as do all other Sonic owners who are in warranty. Hi Tom!

Quick Reply: Word From Sonic

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.