Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Sonic
Took the new boat out today!!! >

Took the new boat out today!!!

Notices

Took the new boat out today!!!

Old 04-07-2006, 05:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Took the new boat out today!!!

Originally Posted by Doller Offshore
wow Mike, you got a nice boat.
Funny, that is the boat I had listed and you offered low on....and wouldn't come up when the owner countered..
Guess you had the owner cancel the contract then contacted him yourself to buy it, less commision. Glad I spent all of that time pointing out what a great buy it was, you did apparently think so.
Originally Posted by carrboy
Actually Mindi , a friend of mine gave me the info on the boat after we talked.He found it on ebay last year.You did insult me a little though when you said I wouldn't get the boat for what I offered...at least in my last saved email you sent me is how I took it.I really hope there is no hard feelings,business is business,I wish I got every job I spent hours & hours on with customers, but I can't win them all either.You are very correct,I got a great boat!
Damn, I think I'd be calling the old owner and my lawyer.

The first rule of good business is honor your contracts and pay for services rendered.

When I was in the brokereage business my listing contracts had the "scumbag clause." Which was in a nutshell; If a listing contract was cancelled befor it expired and the boat was sold "privately" to someone that was presented while the boat was under contract the seller paid the FULL commission on the FULL listing price.
Old 04-07-2006, 07:20 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by carrboy
1998 386 w/triple 500 hp's...bravo drives w/30 pitch bravos(4-blade),water was flat...I'll let ya know how it does in the rough,if it ever warms up!BTW,trailers an '01 myco.

Thanks for the follow up. No wonder you showed the numbers you did. I'll be interested to hear what you get with some chop (and warmer weather). The chop will help a little; the heat will take away. I've got T-525's, XR drives w/ITS, 28p 4-blade bravos and normally run around 76-78 gps WOT with 2 people/half to 3/4 fuel load. Saw 82 gps once in perfect conditions on the Potomac River where I run most of the time. I'm installing a genset this month so will probably loose a little top-end, but it will be worth it when dealing with the hot summers here in VA.
Old 04-08-2006, 01:33 PM
Registered

Very nice boat. Glad to have another happy Sonic owner on the forum. Just curious though, what insurance company did you use? I wanted a 45 with triples but didn't want to pay $7500 a year insurance for it. Paying just under $2500 for my 42 now.
Old 04-08-2006, 01:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by captwk
Very nice boat. Glad to have another happy Sonic owner on the forum. Just curious though, what insurance company did you use? I wanted a 45 with triples but didn't want to pay $7500 a year insurance for it. Paying just under $2500 for my 42 now.
I'm still shopping around...if they want as much as they did for my 31 w/sc's I'll just get liability,again.For that kind of money you can make a lot of repairs before you come close to that amount.
Old 04-08-2006, 01:51 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I know insurance premiums are based on where you boat, your age, age of the boat, and your experience and driving record (both land and water), but $2500 is a bargain!! I'm paying paying $3750 a year for my 2004 386 and I have more than a few decades racked up on my physiological clock as well as a perfect driving record. Who are you with Captwk? I'm with Total Dollar. Wonder what the difference is??
Old 04-08-2006, 01:55 PM
Registered

Yeah,I thought $2,500 sounded cheap also.They wanted $3,000 for my 31 w/blowers with a $2,000 deductible.
Old 04-08-2006, 02:03 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I didn't even mention the deductible!! It would make you cry...
Old 04-09-2006, 10:47 PM
Registered

My driving record is clear and I have a USCG unlimited masters licence. Being a harbor pilot helps to. Call World Wide Marine and ask for Bob. Tell him I sent you. Things have changed with insurance lately though. Most insurance companys are not writing policies on boats over 30' right now. Claim there losses from storms were bad.

http://www.worldwidemarineins.com/
Old 04-19-2006, 11:20 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Catagory5
Damn, I think I'd be calling the old owner and my lawyer.

The first rule of good business is honor your contracts and pay for services rendered.

When I was in the brokereage business my listing contracts had the "scumbag clause." Which was in a nutshell; If a listing contract was cancelled befor it expired and the boat was sold "privately" to someone that was presented while the boat was under contract the seller paid the FULL commission on the FULL listing price.
Good ethical business practices and boats rarely go together.
Old 04-23-2006, 03:32 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Shaun, CALL YOUR SPONSER.....YOUR RANTING

Quick Reply: Took the new boat out today!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.