selling fountain for sonic >

selling fountain for sonic

Notices

selling fountain for sonic

Old 12-01-2006, 05:56 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: selling fountain for sonic

not all boats are perfect and that shouldn't reflect on the entire brand......but if you want to share stories.......................

My buddies 29 beaker cracked in half. from rub rail down to the V and back to the other rub rail....right under where the V-berth is. He was looking in a storage comp under the V-berth and could see daylight out of the crack when it was on the trailer. He didn't even know when it happened. I guess the rubrail was holding the whole boat together Totaled to say the least.

Oh and this happened on a river where the largest wave is a 3 footer from the 40 aft cabin that you followed out of the marina.
Old 12-02-2006, 09:06 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by sonic28
hi guys
i have decided to sell my 04 fountain 35ex purchased in 2006 brand new.i would like 2002 or newer sonic 31-0.looking for cash plus a trade.i need the cabin space not the speed.i will post pictures later.

Hi Paul,

I am enjoying my new 31ss. Yesterday I ran it
from Melbourne Beach to Ft Lauderdale. It runs
like a dream!.

You are right about the room and ride of the Sonics.
I know because I spent two years on my search to replace my 28ss.

Good luck on your search,,

Warren
Old 12-02-2006, 09:32 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HiPerf2000
not all boats are perfect and that shouldn't reflect on the entire brand......but if you want to share stories.......................

My buddies 29 beaker cracked in half. from rub rail down to the V and back to the other rub rail....right under where the V-berth is. He was looking in a storage comp under the V-berth and could see daylight out of the crack when it was on the trailer. He didn't even know when it happened. I guess the rubrail was holding the whole boat together Totaled to say the least.

Oh and this happened on a river where the largest wave is a 3 footer from the 40 aft cabin that you followed out of the marina.
Maybe we should all go back to Baja...
Old 12-02-2006, 09:42 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Hi Paul,
Things are good. Our Sonic is great now that I got rid of the Max Machine Worx's drives. Mindi Doller and her crew worked wonders with our boat. I'll keep an eye out for a 31 for you. Hope you and Lisa are doing well. Keep in touch.
Tom
Old 12-02-2006, 09:55 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Not that I want to stir things up. BUT back in 1989 I ran into Reggie at the New York boat show. When I asked to take a look at the 10 meter that they had at the show, Reggie asked are you buying today? I said no but in the future I will be in the market. I told him I had a Scarab Panther at the time. He said no I can't look if I'm not buying today. Since then Reggie can pound SALT. We bought a 2001 Sonic 358 because we liked the cabin and ride-We couldn't swing the exrta money for an Outerlimits at the time.His boats may be faster but I'll save my money and buy and Outerlimits before a Fountain if I want a faster boat. At least when I spoke to Mike and Paul Fiore in 2003 about a 37 they welcomed me with open arms and to this day they still do. I bumped into Paul Fiore at the Ft Lauderdale show in 2004 where Sonic used our 2005 386sts at the show and Paul said he had seen our boat and understood why we went the route we did and said good luck with the new boat. I don't think Reggie would be that cordial.

Last edited by NJSONIC; 12-02-2006 at 09:59 AM.
Old 12-02-2006, 11:38 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NJSONIC
Not that I want to stir things up. BUT back in 1989 I ran into Reggie at the New York boat show. When I asked to take a look at the 10 meter that they had at the show, Reggie asked are you buying today? I said no but in the future I will be in the market. I told him I had a Scarab Panther at the time. He said no I can't look if I'm not buying today. Since then Reggie can pound SALT. We bought a 2001 Sonic 358 because we liked the cabin and ride-We couldn't swing the exrta money for an Outerlimits at the time.His boats may be faster but I'll save my money and buy and Outerlimits before a Fountain if I want a faster boat. At least when I spoke to Mike and Paul Fiore in 2003 about a 37 they welcomed me with open arms and to this day they still do. I bumped into Paul Fiore at the Ft Lauderdale show in 2004 where Sonic used our 2005 386sts at the show and Paul said he had seen our boat and understood why we went the route we did and said good luck with the new boat. I don't think Reggie would be that cordial.
Actually, I bought my Fountain after several long and short rides this spring and summer(as a Baja owner) in the Galveston Bay area in a 2004 42 Lightning owned by a guy who is an aerospace engineer at NASA. He is a former racer of Fountains and Scarabs and has 575SC's in his. That boat in his hands handles like a dream and has the finest ride I've ever experienced. He is a most pleasant dude with a smile on his face and never has a harsh landing or a close call. We were in moderate chop and I was chattin' with the women in the back seat when he said,"hey, come look here" and the Tattle Tale read 86 and I could swear we were doing no more than 60.
Old 12-02-2006, 05:54 PM
Registered

Smile Re: selling fountain for sonic

first hings first THANK YOU Warren andTom.like i said if you want speed no cabin and a nice ride go with fountain.if you want a little slower but a lot more room and amenities go for the sonic we all don't need speed but i need a boat that looks sharp and is comfortable if someone wants to get out of the sun or just relax the sonic says it all.i am sure that most people , at least myself don't run the boat full speed all weekend and i like to go out for nice ride and raft up to others.Don't get me wrong if someone pulls up to me i want to blow right by them.but in today's market all performance boats that i know run 70-100 so they are paying big bucks for 10mph more.
Old 12-06-2006, 08:34 AM
Registered

Re: selling fountain for sonic

its in the classifieds.help me sell so i can go by a sonic
Old 12-06-2006, 05:34 PM
Registered

I really doubt that Reggie would say anything like that. I know Reggie and he is about the most accomodating person in the world, especially at boat shows. I have seen him go completley out of his way to talk to people and to show them anything they want. Buying a boat or not. Are you willing to go on Maury and take a lie detector test.
Old 12-07-2006, 01:59 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any, I repeat, any boat will crack when landed or driven badly; wether by accident or driver error. A Fountain 35 is a great running hull; otherwise they wouldn't have been making a version of it since the 80's. The 31 Sonic is one of the most stiff, easy to drive hulls of it's size range, with a great history of reliability. There's nothing else in that size with the same cabin room/usable layout. Oh yeah, I have a tough time believing that RF would ever say anything like that to a potential customer...on the contrary, I'd be more inclined to believe you couldn't stop him from selling you his product.

Quick Reply: selling fountain for sonic

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.