Notices

selling fountain for sonic

Old 12-13-2006, 03:54 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Re: selling fountain for sonic

Originally Posted by fountainracing42
Size does matter
Exactly, thats why he's looking at Sonic.
Old 12-13-2006, 04:12 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1200 boats for sale in the classifieds right now, 200 of them are fountains. In order for resale value to be a factor you neeed to actualy sell your boat first. When you have actualy expirenced both boats I'll consider your opinion valid.
Old 12-13-2006, 04:13 PM
Registered

I will assume the Fountain is your boat of choice when the going gets tough.
Yeah, like THATS gonna happen....
Old 12-13-2006, 04:39 PM
Registered

The Fountain is faster but no way will it have a smoother ride than a conventional 25 degree bottom as the 42 Sonic does, and plus they are built like tanks.
Old 12-13-2006, 04:47 PM
Registered

can you please compare weight then get back to me...kthanks....also the step is there to create an air cushin between the water and the hull...go to google.com look up as much tech info as you can, then when you feel you can talk educated, get back to me.
Old 12-13-2006, 04:52 PM
Registered

38 Fountain 8900 dry
38 Sonic 9000 dry
also..you guys were saying Fountain 38 is really like a 35....well now you all look real stupid!!!1 once again education!!!!! not what looks pretty in pictures but facts. you on board with that
Old 12-13-2006, 05:15 PM
Registered

I have experienced both boats. I pass Sonics all the time...OH to prove it I have an excellent video from the 2000 poker run at the Fountain plant. Whats the name of your Brother-in-laws boat?
I would sure hope they would since its on a freaking river. Fountains are fast theres no doubt about it. The 42 Fnt is one of the best riding boats I've been on. Its just not possible that it can ride as smooth or as dry as a sonic.
Old 12-13-2006, 05:45 PM
Registered

Do you really think steps pack a cusion of air??? It's not a cat. Sonics are heavier than fountains. Did your step comment come from Reggie him self.??? You can fit a 38 Fnt inside of a 38 Sonic.
Old 12-13-2006, 06:39 PM
Registered

Why dont you go to your Fountain A** kissing fantasy land and play with you cat killer Fountains on lakes and rivers. Only the newer vacume baged sonics (fx) weigh that much, which I have a hard time believing. Yes the Sonics are slower and are a much bigger boat, whch why I called them a tank, also for build quality. In a Fountain you can run hard in big water but get the snot pounded out of you and your boat and get soaked at the same time. I have plenty of experience in a 42 and a 40. The Sonic will offer a smoother and dryer ride. Steps were not out on boats to form a cusion of air. It's to lessen the wetted surface of the boat to make it go faster. Steps dont act like a tunnel of a cat. What boat are you running currently??? We are running a 38 Hustler and a 36 Cigarette Gladiator, both run 90+ mph. We also dont boat on an inland lake buddy boy, and by the way I AM The KID!!! Case Closed!!! Now lets get this thread back on topic and help Sonic28 sell his Fountain and get into a 31 Sonic.
Old 12-13-2006, 07:14 PM
Registered

my info came from sonics website.(big shocker) I dont make s..t up like you do. and when you lessen the wetted surface what is between the hull and the water? OH I KNOW AIR!! thus a step rides better and does faster.
kthanks
bye now
I went to Sonics site too and was surprised at the number, which is why I stated it was only on the newer ones. The boat is not riding on air or packing air like a cat does. If you trim a non step boat out then is it riding on air too??? The steps are there to lessen the friction between the boat and the water. The boat is not riding on air since other parts of it are still in the water. The air is forcing the water away from the boat to lessen the wetted surface. That doesnt mean it's riding on it. Thus throwing your point about steps out the window. What am I making up??? None since its all based on experience. You go say a step boat rides better to the Cigarette and Apache guys and see what they say. It's basic Hydrodynamics.

Quick Reply: selling fountain for sonic

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.