What is sitting under your Sonic ? >

What is sitting under your Sonic ?

Notices

What is sitting under your Sonic ?

Old 03-18-2007, 07:09 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is sitting under your Sonic ?

Time to purchase a new trailer. Our last trailer was a painted steel trailer. Looked great, handled great, but just couldn't stand up to the salt water.

What brand of trailers are popular out there for your Sonics ?
Old 03-18-2007, 09:55 AM
Registered

Mine's on a Myco...it looks great,everyone says they're great,I think they need a better winch
Attached Thumbnails What is sitting under your Sonic ?-dsc01955-small-.jpg  
Old 03-18-2007, 09:59 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

My first trailer was a LoadMaster bunk tri-axle.
How about Load-Rite Aluminum, any opinions out there ?
Old 03-18-2007, 02:07 PM
Registered

My pop's 26 has a LR under his from Offshore Performance(MD) ,its a nice trailer but never seen one under anything larger.
Old 03-18-2007, 02:41 PM
Registered

I've got a tri Manning in white which came with 31 sonic, thinking of going to an aluminum.

I've ordered two fastloads in the past and had been very happy with them and the price. Always got disc kodiak brakes, stainless hardware package and you can add extra set of rear bunks.. Having 4 upright bunks in the rear is nice. Sold those trailers with the boats.

I've been looking at the loadrite and sea loader at Pirate Marine, but the price is a bit too high so continuing to look around. Looking for aluminum with short tongue, short tongue on manning is nice compared to FastLoad which has a long tongue due to running I beams all the way forward. I beams running all the way forward is nice and clean look, but makes for a longer rig...

Saw that Techsun just started advertising here and have welded aluminum and aluminum fith wheel... going to check them out.

Anyone know a place dealing good prices on loadrite or sea loader?

Last edited by East Coast B; 03-18-2007 at 03:31 PM.
Old 03-18-2007, 03:21 PM
Registered

A friend of mine sells Load Rite. I'll talk to him and see what he can do. He can usually get any trailer pretty quick.
Old 03-19-2007, 06:26 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One of our 42's had a South Florida, another a Fast Load, and our 45 has a Seahawk.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:29 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I have a painted steel Myco and think it's great. The only thing that I didn't like about it was the rubber bumpers up by the winch. The boat would stop moving up on the trailer as soon as it touched them. Made it tough to trailer on steap ramps and without putting a towel on the bumpers for slip I couldn't get the boat to nest in tightly. Then I had this stupid looking towel flapping in the wind.

The cure was to remove the bumpers and support arm and build the front bunks on the trailer further up to nest and support the boat. I was a little worried how it work out but it's great. Getting the boat on the trailer is easy and no more bounceing on the nose from being loose on the bumpers.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Quiet Storm
I have a painted steel Myco and think it's great. The only thing that I didn't like about it was the rubber bumpers up by the winch. The boat would stop moving up on the trailer as soon as it touched them. Made it tough to trailer on steap ramps and without putting a towel on the bumpers for slip I couldn't get the boat to nest in tightly. Then I had this stupid looking towel flapping in the wind.

The cure was to remove the bumpers and support arm and build the front bunks on the trailer further up to nest and support the boat. I was a little worried how it work out but it's great. Getting the boat on the trailer is easy and no more bounceing on the nose from being loose on the bumpers.
I'd love to see some pics of the set up.Thanks,Mike
Old 03-20-2007, 08:37 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Mike
I'll get some pictures this weekend. I'm taking my boat over to GSC to get it sold so it may be my last photo opportunity.

Quick Reply: What is sitting under your Sonic ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.