Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Sonic
My "New to Me" Prowler is now on the Gulf Coast!!! >

My "New to Me" Prowler is now on the Gulf Coast!!!

Notices

My "New to Me" Prowler is now on the Gulf Coast!!!

Old 02-19-2008, 04:28 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulations and welcome the Sonic family
Old 03-07-2008, 08:55 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rangerrick.... what made you choose the Sonic over the other boats you looked at? I found a couple and liked the way they look, just wondering what some of the differences were that made you go that route?
Old 03-07-2008, 06:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by niceguy
Rangerrick.... what made you choose the Sonic over the other boats you looked at? I found a couple and liked the way they look, just wondering what some of the differences were that made you go that route?
Well, to be honest, Sonic was not my first choice. I had actually decided on a 32 Active Thunder, & would've also considered a 28 AT. I started looking at the cost to run & maintain a 32 with twins, & right now, given the way things are, I wasn't able to justify that right now. So, I started looking at what else was out there. I asked alot of questions, got lots of good quality feed back. I called on several boats, but didn't come across that "deal" that I just had to make a move on it.
I started looking at the Sonic Prowlers, they have very similar lines as the AT, but it really takes alot of power to make them run. I asked alot of questions, did alot of research of what folks thought about them. As with any brand, you have pros & cons & feedback was quite good on the Prowler.
I then stumbled across the deal on this 98 with a 525SC, made a call, talked with Hugh several times. I even had the privledge of speaking with the original owner, which really sealed the deal for me. Called Hugh back, made him an offer, he accepted, & I made a trip to Maryland.
I actually had the boat out last weekend & ran it for a couple of hours. Cruising at 50 - 55, the boat just runs awsome. Night & day difference between this & my Donzi that I sold.
Sorry for the long story, but it was a search, & was well worth it in the end.
I strongly recommend you to keep an open mind during your search, deicde what you want from a boat, how long you plan on keeping it, ask questions, & do your research. There is a huge amount of experience here on OSO, listen to them, pile it all up, & make your decision.
Good luck & have fun....don't get discouraged, there are plenty of used boats for sale right now, & with paientence, you'll find the one that fits your needs.
Drop me a line if you want me to take a peek at that Baja here in MS.