Trim Tab Cables: Step by Step Procedure

Notices

Trim Tab Cables: Step by Step Procedure

Old 04-16-2008, 11:00 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trim Tab Cables: Step by Step Procedure

How to do this for a 358 Sonic:

1. Look at the numbers on existing cables to place order for new cables.
2. Place order.
3. If you do one side, consider doing them both as cables are inexpensive and you are there anyway.
4. Disconnect cable from exterior stern side of boat. These are plastic threads. If you are not installing a new activator kit, be careful when doing this. I installed new activator kits which included the large pin for the tab.
5. On the inside part of the stern take the wireties and screws out that hold the cables in place along the top. There are 3 or 4 of these.
6. Now, take the new cable and use black eceltical tape and mesh the new and old cables together. It is easy to pull them thru. We had 2 men on this part of the job.
7. I beleive the port side cable is a 25' cable but again check your numbers on existing cables and the starboard side was a 15' cable.
8. I will report on the brand name later.
9. Pull the cables thru your conduits and to the helm.
10. You can disconnect the helm indicators from inside the bathroom on a 358 and they are pretty easy to get at.
11. The indicators on the dash have a few springs in them so be aware and be patient.
12. Reconnect everything.
13. Run the tabs to make sure they register equal and use 2 people.
14. You can make slight adjustments at the actuator on the tab. That is what I did.
15. Approx. total time was 4 hours.

I hope this is helpful to you and it is a fun job to do and I feel we got sommeting accomplished.

Last edited by powerquest280; 04-16-2008 at 11:02 AM. Reason: wrong word sequence
Old 04-17-2008, 06:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks PQ280...... I was just breaking chops about the step by step but do appreciate it........ if I have to change them I know where to look...................John