No reverse >

No reverse

Notices

No reverse

Old 06-13-2008, 04:52 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bstasch
LordStanley, unfortunately, no i do not have a GPS. On the list of many things to update or buy. Why do you ask, speed?
When you're in the market to get one, I highly suggest getting the standard horizon CP180i. Its fits perfect to the right of the compass. Its low profile keeps it from sticking up over the windscreen, so when you put on a cover, you dont have to remove the unit.

I forgot to ask earlier, what is involved in relocting shift plate to the transom. I did find that mine was loose and after tightening, I have reverse. But once in a while, I need to really push the shifter down to get it to go, it must be an adjustment and after reading what that is like, I need some special tools or mor eknowledge.
I have no idea. The previous owner had it done when he was swapping engines. It looks like its just screwed into the transom. Only advice I can give is use short screws...... Im not sure how thick the 26's transom is.
When Im out tomorrow I will get a closer look to see how they mounted it.
Old 06-16-2008, 03:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by LordStanley74
When you're in the market to get one, I highly suggest getting the standard horizon CP180i. Its fits perfect to the right of the compass. Its low profile keeps it from sticking up over the windscreen, so when you put on a cover, you dont have to remove the unit.

I have no idea. The previous owner had it done when he was swapping engines. It looks like its just screwed into the transom. Only advice I can give is use short screws...... Im not sure how thick the 26's transom is.
When Im out tomorrow I will get a closer look to see how they mounted it.
I will keep that in mind when i go to get mine. Thanks for any insight on the transom mount and I was already thinking about 1/2" screws just for that reason.
Old 06-17-2008, 10:21 AM
Registered

I will keep that in mind when i go to get mine. Thanks for any insight on the transom mount and I was already thinking about 1/2" screws just for that reason.
They mounted it above the exhaust, dead center on the transom.

1/2 stainless screws/washers
Old 06-17-2008, 10:40 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by LordStanley74
They mounted it above the exhaust, dead center on the transom.

1/2 stainless screws/washers
That sounds easy. Thank you. I do like the fact that it is out of the way and off the riser. AFter remounting or even removing for manifold service, does the shift cable need to be adjusted? I would think not, the cable is adjusted for slack versus itself and nothing else.