Finished Some Projects >

Finished Some Projects

Notices

Finished Some Projects

Old 12-19-2008, 06:42 PM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts
Default Finished Some Projects

I can't leave anything alone. I only had this boat out 3 times since I bought it, but knew it needed a few changes.

First up were some HPI mufflers. Minnesota has a very strict 84dB limit and where I boat on the St. Croix and Mississippi Rivers it's also strictly enforced. Before, my wife and I couldn't have a conversation while cruising at 3500 RPM. Now, it's no problem. I still plan to install some custom turn-downs as well to really get it quiet in the no-wake zones. GGB is making them.
Attached Thumbnails Finished Some Projects-mufflers.jpg  
Old 12-19-2008, 06:43 PM
Registered

Everything stored in the V-berth kept ending up on the floor. The solution was a white Pro-net tailgate net.
Attached Thumbnails Finished Some Projects-net.jpg  
Old 12-19-2008, 06:48 PM
Registered

The passenger side was a little drab. Plus, only I could see the GPS speed. Starting with an updated dash panel, I added a Gaffrig digital speedo that is tapped into my Garmin. A blue bezel and grab handle finished it off. Here's some before and after pics...
Attached Thumbnails Finished Some Projects-sonic_cockpit2.jpg   Finished Some Projects-newdash2.jpg   Finished Some Projects-newdash.jpg  

Old 12-19-2008, 06:51 PM
Registered

Finally, those white plastic steps had to go! I had Eddie Marine custom-make some steps for me. They are the same large steps that others have, but with different rubber inserts.
Attached Thumbnails Finished Some Projects-steps.jpg   Finished Some Projects-step.jpg  

Last edited by Plum_Crazy; 12-19-2008 at 06:56 PM.
Old 12-19-2008, 07:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Plum_Crazy
Everything stored in the V-berth kept ending up on the floor. The solution was a white Pro-net tailgate net.
Can you take a picture from the other side to show how you mounted the net. That looks great. I put all the floats in that area then while running down the lake they end up everywhere.
Old 12-19-2008, 08:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by exmark31
Can you take a picture from the other side to show how you mounted the net. That looks great. I put all the floats in that area then while running down the lake they end up everywhere.

Sure, I used the hardware that came with the Pro-net and bought their accessory "Speedclips" to make removal a snap.
Attached Thumbnails Finished Some Projects-net2.jpg   Finished Some Projects-net3.jpg  
Old 12-19-2008, 10:35 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

The boat looks great!

I put a cargo net from a GM car trunk in my V-berth opening. I just used the stick on 3M hooks from Home Depot, as I was too nervous to drill. They worked well all season.
Old 12-20-2008, 07:02 AM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

I also used a trunk net in my 31. The pronet with speed clips is genius! Wonder if it comes in yellow, would be good for keeping squirmy kids in the v berth overnight.
Old 12-20-2008, 07:05 AM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

Damn, no yellow

The Original Performance Series Pro Net - Three sizes, for full-size, mid-size and compact pickups. Constructed of heavy-duty 22 oz. vinyl-coated polyester fabric, with stainless steel mounting hardware. Available in blue, red, black, white or gray.
Full-Size - 18" H x 59 ¾" W
Mid-Size - 17" H x 55 ½" W
Compact - 15" H x 49 ¾"
Old 12-20-2008, 09:53 AM
Registered

Thanks Plum Crazy I'll be doing that to mine this spring.

Quick Reply: Finished Some Projects

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.