Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Sonic
Longest Trip on Your Sonic >

Longest Trip on Your Sonic

Notices

Longest Trip on Your Sonic

Old 01-27-2009, 07:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes you can go at speed across the lake. It is very shallow so when the wind kicks up it gets sloppy in a hurry. Now in the river both east and west of the lake have several no wake zones and in some areas there are speed limits along with the locks. If you have never done it, you need to do it once. Stay at Roland Martin's in Clewiston one night for a real treat!
Old 02-20-2009, 05:59 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I spent 2 weeks 2 dif. times in the Bahamas went went all over, would use about a tank every 1 1/2 days in my 42, we would run for a few hours and then stop and swim, eat, drift then run for a while and pull in somewhere get a room for a night or 2 then do it again. It was 2 couples 1 time and 3 dudes the other so we got rooms, if I did it again I would want 2-3 boats with couples then just tie up in a cove and sleep on the boats so we would save $$ and be able to spend more on gas so we could run farther out. Plus a lot of the out of the way marinas will let you dock for next to nothing and the locals all want to see the boat and help in anyway, half of them will feed you if you let them get a picture of them behinde the wheel of your boat.