Electric bolster seats question

Notices

Electric bolster seats question

Old 02-11-2009, 08:07 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Electric bolster seats question

Do the Electric bolster seats have a fuse ? if so are both seats off the same fuse ? where is the fuse located , in the fuse panel in the head ?
Old 02-11-2009, 11:04 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 26sonic
Do the Electric bolster seats have a fuse ? if so are both seats off the same fuse ? where is the fuse located , in the fuse panel in the head ?
Yes there is a fuse for each seat and it is in the fuse panel in the little closet AKA the head. LOL They are large box style fuses and mine wiggle lose allot and cause the seats not to work. Just wiggle the fuses or try pinching the holders together and reinstalling the fuse.

Mike O
Old 02-12-2009, 09:30 AM
Registered

26sonic I've had problems with mine blowing about one to two fuses a season. (I installed the right amprage) Cole Heerse makes a circuit breaker type fuse with an automatic reset that will take the place of the glass fuse.
Old 02-14-2009, 01:17 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by 26sonic
http://www.colehersee.com/pdf/P-CProtection.pdf
Old 02-14-2009, 10:48 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Thanks for the responses. The reason I asked is because my port side seats elec. mtr. bracket broke and to fix it you have to take the seat apart including the vinyl!! so I locked the seat in the manual up position and want to disconnect the power to the switch so nobody plays with it while sitting in the seat!! to much work to fix it.
Old 02-15-2009, 08:20 AM
Registered

HA! U havent worked until u rebuild a bolster. I did mine and it was not fun. Tackle it anyway. What else are u going to do all winter?
Old 02-15-2009, 03:26 PM
Registered

Wish I had electric bolsters that I could fix.... most uncomfortable seats in the up position... for us tall guys anyway. Would love to have had electric!

I'll let you all know how the new seats work out.... hehehehhee... in my new Monterey that is!!!!
Old 02-15-2009, 04:37 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was lucky and was able to add motors to my bolsters. My boat was built with the brackets already installed. I just ordered the motors and switches from Sonic and added them. No, it wasn't fun working on them but I use them every time the boat goes out! It's impossible to operate the manual bolsters when you're on plane. I talked to Tony (26Sonic) about how to take the seat apart but I guess he's chicken to tackle it!!!! Steve
Old 02-16-2009, 07:37 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Steve,
I do really appreciate the info you gave me and also talked to bruce about it. Maybe next winter I'll try it. The most important thing is the drivers seat still works!!!
Old 02-16-2009, 08:45 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tony, I'm just razzing you! Steve

Quick Reply: Electric bolster seats question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.