performance upgrades

Notices

performance upgrades

Old 05-27-2009, 08:26 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 03SONIC
if u dont mind what did it cost to do the mods and did u do the labor yourself. i am just thinking it may be better to put the money towards a diffrent boat with twins to achieve my goal thanks
As you can see in my avatar thats what I just did.
With the sonic I did all the work my self. The first engine was around $14,000 the second engine was close to $20,000 but that was a brand new 2008 short block and raylar kit with cmi sport tube headers.
As far as a bigger boat with dual engines ill never go back!!!
But im glad I did it the way I did because I have learned alot about boating with my 26 Sonic. Like docking,loading and unloading, stuff like that. Im glad I didnt just jump into my Active Thunder and hit the throttles.
How long have you had your Prowler?
Old 05-28-2009, 12:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tfarmer
As you can see in my avatar thats what I just did.
With the sonic I did all the work my self. The first engine was around $14,000 the second engine was close to $20,000 but that was a brand new 2008 short block and raylar kit with cmi sport tube headers.
As far as a bigger boat with dual engines ill never go back!!!
But im glad I did it the way I did because I have learned alot about boating with my 26 Sonic. Like docking,loading and unloading, stuff like that. Im glad I didnt just jump into my Active Thunder and hit the throttles.
How long have you had your Prowler?
this is my second season with the prowler before that i had a baja 240 sport for few seasons. i love the sonic just not quite as fast as i would like it to go. how do like the active thunder compared to the sonic as far as quality and ride,what kind of speeds are u seeing
thanks
Old 05-28-2009, 01:04 PM
Registered

I love my 31ss. I would never have anything but twins... everything is so much easier, not to mention when I lost the engine last saturday, I had another one to get back to the trailer with!!

I had stock HP500 carb'd engines with dry exhaust and saw about 83-86 (it was jumping around...LOL) on my cheesy non-gps unit, so realistically it was probably more like 76-80. The new motors will make somewhere between 640-670hp and should get me in the upper 80's.... I hope.

I rode in a 32' Active Thunder when I was looking and I must say they are nice as well. We didn't get into much chop but the boat felt very solid. I can tell you, my 31ss is very sturdy boat even in decent chop. I LOVE it!!
Old 05-28-2009, 03:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by niceguy
I love my 31ss. I would never have anything but twins... everything is so much easier, not to mention when I lost the engine last saturday, I had another one to get back to the trailer with!!

I had stock HP500 carb'd engines with dry exhaust and saw about 83-86 (it was jumping around...LOL) on my cheesy non-gps unit, so realistically it was probably more like 76-80. The new motors will make somewhere between 640-670hp and should get me in the upper 80's.... I hope.

I rode in a 32' Active Thunder when I was looking and I must say they are nice as well. We didn't get into much chop but the boat felt very solid. I can tell you, my 31ss is very sturdy boat even in decent chop. I LOVE it!!
i must say my prowler for a 26ft boat rides great in the chop i do like the 31ss is there any more cockpit room or is it more cabin room.what about room in engine compartment to work on engines
thanks
Old 05-28-2009, 04:46 PM
Registered

i must say my prowler for a 26ft boat rides great in the chop i do like the 31ss is there any more cockpit room or is it more cabin room.what about room in engine compartment to work on engines
thanks
I've never been on a Prowler before so I couldn't answer the room question. I will say, the engine compartment seems roomy to me, except for the distance between motors seems a bit tight. But so far, it has not been bad to work on and I have both motors pulled right now and it only took us about 5 hours to get both out and torn down.
Old 05-28-2009, 07:11 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

this is my second season with the prowler before that i had a baja 240 sport for few seasons. i love the sonic just not quite as fast as i would like it to go. how do like the active thunder compared to the sonic as far as quality and ride,what kind of speeds are u seeing
thanks
It wouldnt be fair to compair the Sonic to the Active Thunder.
25ft vs 32ft 525hp vs 1250hp

I do know apples to apples 25s to 26s and 32s to 31sthe Active Thunders have the faster hulls. Both are great boats.
Both have the best lines and hull style ive ever seen.
(well maby a 38 Top-Gun) And that may be my next boat.