Hunt for 26 Prowler UPDATE!

Notices

Hunt for 26 Prowler UPDATE!

Old 08-08-2009, 09:52 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,185 Likes on 515 Posts

Originally Posted by carrboy
I just offered 35k for it. It's all it's worth. Steering wheel looks like it's been wrenched on a lot, or the guy was a mechanic and didn't wash his hands much. The interior looks like 2 different yellows. Needs a trailer and a prop. The only good thing I see is the self contained cooling system. If I end up with it I'll be busy all winter
The biggest gun store in central VA is right next door, and I am heading that way for a sale today. I'll try to lay eyes on the 31SS.
Old 08-08-2009, 06:20 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

2002 31SS at Repo lot in VA:

Took a look at it from 6 feet away this afternoon through the fence. The paint is in pretty good shape, but needs a buffing. The port/transom corner is a bit dorked up. Overall, the boat does not look bad from the SB side and transom sides which is all I could see. The bottom looks perfect. The drives are not missing paint on the skegs. It is missing the Port side prop. I didn't see glaring signs of salt abuse on the transom. From what I could see of the dash, from 20 feet away; it looks liked the gauges were just fogged up, a bit. The sunpad vinyl looked tired with a lot of footprints on it, but the rest of the vinyl might clean up well; but I could only see the top of the bolsters. The dash panels looked good from 20 feet away. The walkrail is clean. The rubrail looked dirty, but not gouged up. It is sitting outside uncovered, but the nose is pitched way up which is important on a Sonic.

It's pretty striking in person.

I am 99.9% certain that the boat belonged to an OSO member at one time.
Old 08-08-2009, 06:21 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

OSO member Thp500s lives just a couple miles away. He might be able to catch them during business hours one day.
Old 08-09-2009, 01:34 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks so much for checking it out. I still haven't heard back from them. It sounds like the 35k offer is about right though. I've been looking for trailers in case my offer gets accepted
Old 08-09-2009, 01:43 PM
Registered

Oops, my bad. This is the boat with the dirty wheel, and it's a 26... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...WAX%3AIT#v4-37
Old 08-10-2009, 07:57 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Be aware, any 2003ish Sonic needs to be checked thoroughly; hull specifically. This is when Richard Hewitt brought the vacuum bagging/Infusion process to the hulls; and the first few did not come out right. Most I know of were corrected, but a 31SS popped up in Richmond this year that another guy owns.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:56 AM
Registered

I'll just stay right away from the '03 then. Besides, every time I bid on it, someone outbids me. Of course, it's a private bidder with a hidden identity
Old 08-10-2009, 07:29 PM
Registered

Brian you took the words right out of my mouth. Bill and I were discussing that boat this weekend, and we both said that the paint scheme looks like a Richard Hewitt boat.