Drive Coupler >

Drive Coupler

Notices

Drive Coupler

Old 08-05-2010, 10:15 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

glad to see it wasn't the coupler, the 1st summer out for me in 1990 a friend said to me 'whats it say on the side of your boat well' so I NAILED IT spun a prop hub and tore up the coupler with 330hp on the 4th of july. when they go they go it was black rubber burnt smelling everywhere. the repair was one day and 1000 that was 1990 and ever since then its allll waysss 3000 rpm at the most until I get on plane and had never blown another on that boat with twice the hp in it or a drive . well glad your all set. ps that was the only yr I didn't work on it myself when there was a issue .
Old 08-06-2010, 08:51 AM
Registered

Received 24 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by AIR TIME
the repair was one day and 1000 that was 1990
I was quoted $1400 just for labor and the cheapest I've seen the coupler is $505! It makes me nervous not knowing for sure what the problem was. I sent my props off to Bblades. But, I know he's busy and it will probably be weeks before I hear something.
Old 08-06-2010, 09:15 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dan - i sent my props to BBlades - he labbed both props, and did some other work, had them back in two weeks.