Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Sonic
New York Sonic Event-starting to plan >

New York Sonic Event-starting to plan

Notices

New York Sonic Event-starting to plan

Old 03-05-2011, 03:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LEEthal75, PROMAN, Propless are all added. Am I missing anyone?
Old 03-05-2011, 03:25 PM
Registered

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?f=q&s...2,2.458191&z=9
Old 03-21-2011, 03:06 PM
Registered

Received 216 Likes on 87 Posts

Originally Posted by GoForBroke
All sonic owners are welcome, not just us New York based. Canada, PA, NJ, OH, MA, you are all very close by and we would love to have you at the event.
I will be in Rhode Island in the summer, but would love to attend this event....if I could get a ride with someone.

Since my 38 foot Top Banana was the granddaddy of the 42 Sonic, I was hoping to hop on with a 42 owner if possible.

Thanks for considering it.

PS....By the way it only took two years for that "other brand" with their new model, the 37.6 to beat this boat.....oh yes, they renamed the model from the 37.6 to "Top Gun"
Attached Thumbnails New York Sonic Event-starting to plan-banana0022-small-.jpg   New York Sonic Event-starting to plan-bushmills0011-small-.jpg   New York Sonic Event-starting to plan-bushmills0023-small-.jpg  

Last edited by Top Banana; 03-21-2011 at 03:11 PM.
Old 03-21-2011, 07:02 PM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

Charlie-If there are no 42's, you can hop on my 386.
Old 03-21-2011, 08:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by GO4BROKE
Charlie-If there are no 42's, you can hop on my 386.
Thank you. I look forward to it.

Can you make it as exciting for me as Joe did in the Around Long Island race with his 30 footer???

Keep me posted on the selected date and location.
Old 03-21-2011, 11:07 PM
Registered

How many would attend an event on Sunday August 14th following the Buffalo Poker Run. This way we could attend a major event, that is very reasonable along with meeting up for a Sonic party. I know of a few Sonics that are already attending the run and this way we could get a few more boats from OH, PA, and Canada.

I was trying to get Sonic involved with planning something but I have not had much luck getting a response. So if anyone has any connections give them a call.

If we can get something planned, I would love to host something at one of my boat clubs after a day at beach or rafting up. We have great waterways for any boating condition. http://powerboatingwny.com/poker_run.html
Old 03-22-2011, 05:39 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by GoForBroke
I was trying to get Sonic involved with planning something but I have not had much luck getting a response. So if anyone has any connections give them a call.

http://powerboatingwny.com/poker_run.html
Let me see what I can do for you guys. I will be in touch with them over the next few days.
Old 03-22-2011, 09:41 PM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

I'd say that decides it. We will do the Sonic get together on lake erie in Buffalo the sunday after the poker run, August 14th.

Charlie,
I doubt it will be that exciting, but it will be a lot of fun. We had some 3-4's on one leg of the run last year, the 2 sonics (38 and 31) smoked everyone, except a top gun with bigger power, by about a mile.
Old 03-23-2011, 08:33 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by GO4BROKE
I'd say that decides it. We will do the Sonic get together on lake erie in Buffalo the sunday after the poker run, August 14th.

Charlie,
I doubt it will be that exciting, but it will be a lot of fun. We had some 3-4's on one leg of the run last year, the 2 sonics (38 and 31) smoked everyone, except a top gun with bigger power, by about a mile.
Spoke to someone at Sonic and they would like to get involved with this is some form or other. They will let me know after Desert Storm.

"Got smoked by a Top Gun with bigger power"...hey someone must have been backing off on the throttles on the Sonics. LOL

Check out Youtube. Put into the search engine Bushmills 1979. That is the granddaddy of all the big Sonics...38 to 45s. A 37.6 finished second to me a mile back. That 37.6 was the first Top Gun ever AJAC HAWK...and they had some guy by the name of Saccenti on the throttles.

Looking forward to the get together Aug 14th. Thanks for including me.

Charlie
Old 03-23-2011, 09:21 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default link

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79II-JbqI1k

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.