Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Sonic
Took the Prowler out Sunday for the first time and.... >

Took the Prowler out Sunday for the first time and....

Notices

Took the Prowler out Sunday for the first time and....

Old 03-16-2011, 07:42 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Took the Prowler out Sunday for the first time and....

things went pretty well. Had the wife and myself on board and full of fuel. Turning 4800 RPM with B1 22p got 64 MPH by speedo. Had about a 15" chop and what a difference in ride from my Scarab 22. SWMBO was real happy. After a little practice got the K planes and the outdrive trimed OK. Running about 5 to 6 on the K planes with the outdrive slightly up from center

Had idle problems, so when I got it home I pulled the intake plenum. Found some vacuum lines kinked and the IAC valve was a mess. Cleaned the IAC and seat. Am waiting for new plenum gaskets. They are hard to find.

Also, replaced the distributor cap and rotor button. But before I did I pulled the distributor. Base plate corroded so I cleaned and put a very light coat of grease on it and the module connector from the magnetic pickup. Pulled the module and applied a very light coat of heat sink grease to it . Cleaned screws to ensure a good ground. The distributor when I put it back in the motor does not fit tight. It moves slightly from side to side. Other distributors I have removed fit very tight when installed in the block. Looked at parts picture and no spacer or O ring shown to prevent movement. Do any of you guys who have 502's that have the same problem?

ED