31SS Fresh Water System >

31SS Fresh Water System

Notices

31SS Fresh Water System

Old 05-29-2011, 08:55 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 31SS Fresh Water System

Hey Guys, quick question, 2007 31SS fresh water pump, switch is on and LED indicator on switch is lit but now water pressure. Is there a fuse between the switch on the panel and the pump ? If so where ? Where is the pump actually located ?

Steve
Old 05-30-2011, 04:27 AM
Registered

Need to make sure you have the cockpit switch on and the switch in the cabin. I think the cockpit switch is galley power... I think... lol
Old 05-30-2011, 06:54 AM
Registered

Galley power and cabin power switches on the dash are on and all of the other items off of the switches on the panel in the cabin where the fresh water pump switch (step light, head light, etc.) all work. I am think a fuse / pump issue but I need to know if it is fused after the switch and where Sonic located the pump in the boat.

Steve
Old 05-30-2011, 06:35 PM
Registered

I don't know where the fuse is located, if there is one. Check behind the mirror in the head. There are some fuses there. The pump should be on the port side. Lift the engine hatch cover and look around the corner to the right where the cup holder/ armrest is back up in there.
Old 05-30-2011, 07:19 PM
Registered

I don't think it is fused, the fuses behind the mirror in the head are all labeled and there is one fuse for each of the switches on the dash panel. I checked the actual fresh water pump switch and I have 12V to the switch and in the on position I have 12V leaving so I am thinking pump for sure if I can find the darn thing !
Old 05-30-2011, 08:08 PM
Registered

Try port side, behind the trim pumps... or in the port side storage compartments. We were out all day and I didnt think to look...sorry.
Old 05-30-2011, 08:20 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Steve PM Miller Time on cbpba.com . He has a 31 and I'm pretty sure he has replaced his.
Old 05-30-2011, 09:40 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

On my 26, the pump was on the port side, inside engine room on the forward bulkhead. I would guess yours would be in a similar spot. If there ever was a problem with the pump leaking, it would just drain into the bilge (mine never gave me an issue). How's that boat treating you? I demo'd it on Cumberland in a thunderstorm with Don Hunter (I think that was his name)
Steve
Old 05-30-2011, 09:54 PM
Registered

Thanks Steve I will look there this week, the boats been great ! This water pump is the ONLY problem I have had the ride is so much better than my old 26 Outlaw. We love it !