Prowler Speed Data >

Prowler Speed Data

Notices

Prowler Speed Data

Old 07-19-2011, 12:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prowler Speed Data

Changed the prop from a B1 22p to a SS Stilleto 3 blade 23p with PVS or vent holes. Speed went from 57 to 61 MPH GPS under the same conditions. 4900 RPM and burning 34 GPH very close to the same on both props. At 4400 RPM and 50 MPH GPS, I burn 27 GPH with the Stilleto. Tabs are up except to get on plane. Hole shot between the B1 and the Stilleto is close to the same or maybe a little better with the Stilleto.

I had this Stellito on my Scarab. Of the 4 props I have for the Scarab, it is the fastest by almost 5 MPH.

Have a 25P 3 blade Stilleto that should be just about right when I get the blower on this winter.

Also, replaced my Faria white faced and bezel gauges with new ones. Have fuel level, water temp, oil pressure, tilt/trim, hour meter (477 hours showing), volt meter, speedo (pressure) and tach. The new tach has a built in hour meter so I replaced the old hour meter with an engine water pressure guage. I changed the volt meter to a battey condition indicator.

If you need a replacement gauge or want them all, PM me. They all work. You will, however, need to buy the brass mounting nuts since most of the old ones are in the bilge.

Ed
Old 07-21-2011, 08:35 PM
Registered

I know someone with a Prowler that runs ( all of these ) 24,26 or 28 Bravo 1 4 blade, depending on what he wants do for the day. Seems to have no issues with it. Running a Stock 502MPI engine with a Procharger
Old 07-22-2011, 01:04 PM
Registered

Labbed 26 works great for speed. the 24 is good if your going water skiing and the 28 is going to be hard to turn.
Old 07-25-2011, 02:58 PM
Registered

U4ICK,

Do you still have the old gauges? I have a 2000 Prowler and have issues with my Fuel gauge and tilt/trim gauge. Plan on replacing all the gauges this winter but want to make sure that the problems are the gauges and not anything to extreme. Let me know how much you want for those two and were they both working before removal.

45Tripps,

Question for you... the guy you know who has a prowler with the pro-charger, what type of speed does he get. I am looking at refreshing this season and adding a pro-charger. Wanted to see if the procharger really help out his boat.

Thanks to both for your answers.
Old 07-25-2011, 03:28 PM
Registered

Not really sure, he claims 80. Never saw an actual speed on GPS. I have rode in it a few times. Runs good and sounds good. Procharger im sure was an improvement. When he bought the boat it was already installed. So there is no before and after comparison that I can comment on. I know he has tried to outrun me several times, but it isnt close. I know it does over 70 because I have passed him at 70.