Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > Owners Forum > Sonic
some one is smoking to much stuff :) >

some one is smoking to much stuff :)

Notices

some one is smoking to much stuff :)

Old 08-20-2011, 04:29 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default some one is smoking to much stuff :)

look at the price there asking for this 38
i wonder if you give them almost a half mil , how long will the boat take to be built .
i love sonic's had a 38 and looking for another but that price range is for the dog's

http://www.powerboatlistings.com/view/13565
Old 08-20-2011, 10:39 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does look like a lot but it seems pretty loaded and has merc 700's......I am sure that is the suggested retail but can be had for a little cheaper......the only thing I would be concerned with is with being a Ginny pig with a newly designed stepped hull.......unless that is a copy of a proven hull........If you check out the competition (100 mph 38' or OL) I am sure it will be even higher on the price.......
Old 08-21-2011, 08:05 AM
Registered

there saying top speed 110 mph with 700's .
that's pretty fast for a large 38 with all the stuff sonic has in the cabin compared to say a 38 zr or a 38 tg with the same power that has basically nothing in the cabin and has a hard time seeing that speed .

i guess the point i was also making is that for $ 400 k + there are a lot of boat's out there that are proven and can be had for less $ " like the 2 listed above "

mike
Old 08-21-2011, 08:10 AM
Registered

i would also say that for them to sell those boat's , i think they need to be price more in the line of say $260 k to $ 300 k

but also they mite be asking $ 425 k and then you take off 30 to 35 % then you are rite there in the high $ 200 k range
Old 08-21-2011, 09:28 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by mikebrls
i would also say that for them to sell those boat's , i think they need to be price more in the line of say $260 k to $ 300 k

but also they mite be asking $ 425 k and then you take off 30 to 35 % then you are rite there in the high $ 200 k range
That's what I'm guessing...... You know the "boat show discount".....
Old 08-21-2011, 01:28 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Here's Johnny
That's what I'm guessing...... You know the "boat show discount".....
I think if boat builder's and dealer's starting pricing the boat's at what they can sell them for instead of $ 100 k profit on one boat they would sell more boat's and in return make more money .
I think they scare a lot of buyer's away that are looking because they don't no they can talk them down $ 100 k + on a boat
Old 08-21-2011, 06:51 PM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

I don't think you will find a lower retail price on another quality boat with 700's and sixes. I'm sure new retail on cig, ol, donzi are all higher. Here is a used '11 gun with 700's for $489,900 NOT including the trailer!
http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o34524-en.html
You are 100% right about pricing being retarded, uspecially with big power. Or God forbid you have a trade, then they want to give you low wholesale for the trade and still bang you for full retail on the front end because they did you the favor of taking your trade.

Last edited by GO4BROKE; 08-21-2011 at 06:53 PM.