K planes on Prowler >

K planes on Prowler

Notices

K planes on Prowler

Old 05-14-2012, 05:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default K planes on Prowler

Hey fellas... About to install a set of K planes on my new boat since i had one of the old Bennetts rip off....

Im all done filling the old holes...Now the question is??
Is there a sweet spot that this hull may like other then the reccommended ( parallel to the hull, 1/2" from bottom, as close to outside as possible)??

Also, will be putting in new indicator cables..But not sure on how to mount them. I looked around for those pins i read about for the k planes that have a mounting spot for cables.

Any ideas, suggestions, info would be great. Im doing all the work myself becasue of my budget and really dont wont to do over haha....
Old 05-14-2012, 06:59 PM
Registered

I have a 35ss if it's the same you can take a look at mine and take some measurements. I'm in Massapequa
Old 05-15-2012, 11:50 AM

I can take some measurements of how mine are installed, just let me know...

You'll love the K-planes, they are awesome, & work real well on the Prowler.
Old 05-21-2012, 03:24 PM
Gold Member

K planes, great investment for your prowler. Don't need to bury them like you do stock. Plus they look good.
Old 05-22-2012, 06:27 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by gofast540NY
Hey fellas... About to install a set of K planes on my new boat since i had one of the old Bennetts rip off....

Im all done filling the old holes...Now the question is??
Is there a sweet spot that this hull may like other then the reccommended ( parallel to the hull, 1/2" from bottom, as close to outside as possible)??

Also, will be putting in new indicator cables..But not sure on how to mount them. I looked around for those pins i read about for the k planes that have a mounting spot for cables.

Any ideas, suggestions, info would be great. Im doing all the work myself becasue of my budget and really dont wont to do over haha....
I followed the line of where the old bennets were + about 1/2" to 3/4" up - runs very stable and controllable. Big improvement for the Prowler> you will luv em! Do you have 280s or 380s?