Registered

Received 43 Likes on 24 Posts
Default 31 at national Liquidators

Anyone no the details on this
http://www.yachtauctions.com/listing.php?vessel=7161
Old 10-05-2011, 09:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No engines or drives? It certainly makes mine look like a deal!
Old 10-06-2011, 05:03 PM
Registered

Are these boats true 31 footers or does that include the swim platform(i.e. 29 foot hull)? The engine bay looks extremely small compared to my 31 Scarab??????
Old 10-06-2011, 06:09 PM
Registered

There is plenty of room in there trust me, I had one with 500 EFI's changing spark plugs was a breeze. From the size of the K-planes this boat may of had pretty good power. Maybe that's why it is now missing. It has a 8'6'' beam, the factory say 30'6'' I pulled a tape on mine it measured a true 31'. The cover I ordered was for a 31' boat and it fit great.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 45SS
There is plenty of room in there trust me, I had one with 500 EFI's changing spark plugs was a breeze. From the size of the K-planes this boat may of had pretty good power. Maybe that's why it is now missing. It has a 8'6'' beam, the factory say 30'6'' I pulled a tape on mine it measured a true 31'. The cover I ordered was for a 31' boat and it fit great.
Where is that measured from? If the hull is that long to the transom theres a good foot or more somewhere else in the boat(cabin, cockpit etc) My 31 has a solid 18" or more ahead of the motors.....
Old 10-07-2011, 07:37 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Xerophobic
Where is that measured from? If the hull is that long to the transom theres a good foot or more somewhere else in the boat(cabin, cockpit etc) My 31 has a solid 18" or more ahead of the motors.....
I know what you are thinking, IE: Sunsation, Veloctiy, Fountains, boats with 3 ft swim platforms counted as length

I don't care what 29-32 ft boat you get on, you will swear the 31 ft Sonic is a MUCH bigger boat. Sonic has to be the most effective use of space on any performance boat made....period. My friend switched from a 40 ft fountain to a 31 Sonic, aside from huge waves he feels like he has more boat! Full head, amazing cabin, more head room in said cabin, decent cockpit lay out.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:55 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by 4bus
I know what you are thinking, IE: Sunsation, Veloctiy, Fountains, boats with 3 ft swim platforms counted as length

I don't care what 29-32 ft boat you get on, you will swear the 31 ft Sonic is a MUCH bigger boat. Sonic has to be the most effective use of space on any performance boat made....period. My friend switched from a 40 ft fountain to a 31 Sonic, aside from huge waves he feels like he has more boat! Full head, amazing cabin, more head room in said cabin, decent cockpit lay out.
Im not questioning their use of space or trying to denounce Sonic I am just curious how long the boat actually is. Im looking at a 31ss but just noted that in the photos Ive seen the engines seem extremely close to the rear seat back, where in my 31 Scarab there is alot of space between bulkhead and motors. Not saying thats good or bad was just curious what the length is from bow tip to transom
Old 10-07-2011, 06:47 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

It's because the helm and cockpit are pushed further back and it gives you a lot more cabin room. Middle bed is amazing compared to anything else like it.

Last edited by Faster Daddy; 10-07-2011 at 06:49 PM.
Old 10-08-2011, 09:42 AM
Registered

The pull out/slide out center section in the 31 is one of the best things Sonic ever did. Actually wish they did that on all their models.
I would guess they still could have the front storage lockers under the floor in the V-birth depending on how things were put togather.